ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag button

182BG

finally got my air bag button problem fixed today, the service light and airbag button kept lighting up, and i didnt know why because my air bags had recently been serviced.

but renault said it was a manufactuerers fault, something to do with some wire under the drivers seat was made too short, so everytime i adjusted the seat it wiggled the connecter and made the light come on. Any one else had that problem????

Oh and ever since i have had my Clio there is sometimes a weird knocking sound when turning at full lock, But one bloke said he knew what it might be and rest said they didnt know.... anyone else had that problem too?

Just glad this day is over, i was having a really bad day, my car was booked in at Inchape Renault Southampton for 9:30am, when i left the house one of the headlights went out (which was rather annoying) then half way there my rear wiper blade practically fell off, Grrr.... anyway i got there at 9:30, the bloke said it would take about an hour, i also asked for a new rear wiper blade and bulb. They said they would ring my mobile when its ready, i was like "ok, i will wander round southampton for a bit"..........

6 Hours Later.......... i get a phone call saying the car has just gone in to be done!!!!!

I was well P*ssed off, i had already walked round southampton about 148 times, i was bored, cold and wet.

Finally at 4:30pm i get the phone call saying it is ready, at this time i had already planned that i was gonna throw wobbly at them. But i got served by the fittest bird ever, so i was like oh well.... that was until i got the bill... ok the the airbag problem was under warranty, but i had to pay for the bulb and not one wiper blade, but all three...... i only wanted the rear replaced!!!

Then on the way home i got stuck in traffic... Just glad its over!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Airbag problem is very common (I think this is the tenth post about it this week! lol).

The clunking noise on full lock is also fairly common. I believe there is a fix that Renault can do to the suspension mount but it has had varying levels of success. If you have a look through the Mechanical forum there are a few posts about it. There was one just last week I seem to remember.

Sounds like you had a regular day in the life of a Renault owner mate!

Ziel Nurburgring

Search on knocking and all should be answered my friend. The air bag and knocking on clios is as common as their rattles

182BG

oh right, cool.

yeh i told the bloke that im not too bothered with the noise as long as im know my wheels and suspension wont just fall off :)

i gotta phone renault again in two weeks, to see if they found out what the knocking was, but i already know now! YAY!