ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag and service light problem

clio 182
Morning.
I have done a search but I can't find any results similar to my problems??
My service and airbag light, come on and go out?
If it idles, the light comes on, within 30 seconds. If I drive under 30 mph it comes on? But if I get on a duel carriage way or a fast road 50mph+ it doesn't come on??
I've wiggled all wireing under both seats and it doesn't extinguish the airbag and service light, it only seems to go out when driving over 40-50mph.
Any help would be absolutely fantastic.
Thanks in advance.

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Mines is doing the exact same only had the car a week. Some days it never comes on other days both appear, be curious to see the solution for this. Heard these cars suffer from wiring faults so wonder if its something to do with a earth of water getting to the wires somewhere!

clio 182
Mines is doing the exact same only had the car a week. Some days it never comes on other days both appear, be curious to see the solution for this. Heard these cars suffer from wiring faults so wonder if its something to do with a earth of water getting to the wires somewhere!

Also now my cruise isn't working, no fault codes replaced brake switch, I've had the air bag off, everything seems ok.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There are many sensors associated with airbag/srs system. To be honest without having the codes read it's pretty hard to diagnose anything. It will save time/money in the long run to have the codes read first, if either if you are anywhere near Gloucester/Forest of Dean I'd be more than happy to do this for you

Ads

Clio dCi Expression
Mine's just failed the MOT because of the service and airbag lights being on. It was happening intermittently, I didn't really notice if it was at certain speeds or anything, it seemed quite random but recently has been on pretty much all the time. The garage have advised it's down to the side impact sensor on the passenger side under the bottom plastic sill piece. I've ordered a replacement so will let you know if that was the cause or not in my case if it might be of any interest. I kept wiggling the wires around under the passenger seat as well as I heard that was a common issue.