ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag and serv light. MOT IN 12 Days!

172 cup
I know this is a common fault.
The car is a 172 cup with phase 1 172 seats, for months the lights were fine then occasionally i would have to jiggle the harness and they would stay off until the passenger seat was disturbed, then that wouldn't work anymore.
So we followed the guides on here have fitted resisters on both driver and passenger seats and the light is still on.
What else can i do??

172 cup
Yeah in the right place and 3.3ohm as it says in all the guides.
do i need to clear the airbag ecu? does the cup have the side impact sensor in the sil? is that worth checking?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
The airbag ecu self clears the warning light once it's satisfied everything's 'working', how many resistors have you used per seat?

172 cup
The airbag ecu self clears the warning light once it's satisfied everything's 'working', how many resistors have you used per seat?
2 resistors per seat we have one in the pretensor one in the airbag(which we don't think we need in a cup but its done anyway)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Get it on diagnostics. Or, take off the steering housing and try pushing in the airbag connector there, otherwise it could be the side impact ones?

172 cup
are there definitely side impact sensors in the 172 cup as it didn't have side airbags?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If the connectors are unplugged I'd imagine it's the drivers seat tilt sensor (little micro switch on the inner sliding rail) I had to solder the switch back into the loom as a resistor wouldn't clear the fault

172 cup
after a couple of days of being messed about by mechanics that don't listen, I found one with a Renault clip and he switched the light off, he said it hadn't been hit. It was showing the 187 Trigger Line Configuration Coherency Error, probably because of the seat change he also said it wasn't showing the passenger seat present or the rear driver side seat belt.
any way he cleared it all so that's done.
cheers for your suggestions guys, my advice in future to anyone woud be to get it on a Renault clip asap save the stress, lol.