ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air vent/system cleaners

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never tried it, but our dogs are in the car everyday and its never affected the AC smell. Id be looking at having it re gased and cleaned of it were that bad

1.8 Civic EX
Unfortunately I had all that done on Friday. I don't think the previous owner cared too much. The amount of dog hair I found underneath some of the plastic trim when fittin the iPod kit was gross so I think it's probably all in the air vents....

Clio 182 Cup
I have used a similar product that cleaned and killed all the germs in the Air Con system. It was a case of start the car turn the AC on and put the recirculate on, open all the vents and then open the can with it on the floor. Close all the doors and leave it to do its thing. Works well and remvoes stale odurs from the system.

182 Trophy
If you've found dog hair under the trims, there's a good chance it'll be under all the trims.
Youd need to get rid of it all first or the smell will keep coming back.
I don't know if it'll work with that, but a trader I used to know would put a bowl of clear vinegar in each footwell, and leave the blowers on for about an hour to clear the smell of smoke from the venting system.

Buy a cheap "bomb". Pressurised container that you set off while the aircon is running. Halfords were selling them a few years back for just £1.

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah all the trim has been removed where possible and cleaned up but the smell was coming through the vents.

Popped down to halfords and picked some of this up..

59d87fc0.jpg

Air con on full blast with re-circ on. Can empties it's contents in about 6mins and I left it all on/running with all doors shut for a further 10mins.

Seems to have done the job for now. I'll post back in a few days to update if it's long lasting or not.

That's the jobby. The aircon system gets moisture, which then harbours bacteria. That's what causes the odour. A bit like smelly shoes/feet.