ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air intake on 1.2 16v

I have a 1.2 16v and am looking at my options for a better intake system. I know there will be people who say "Don't bother with a 1.2" and if you do say that, please back it up with a reason rather than 1.2's are s**t.

I had ordered a panel filter from KTEC as I saw that as my easiest option, turns out my filter was a very late revision on the Clio 2 towards the end of 2004 and mine has a large black airbox as the engine cover. The actual filter is long and rectangular, the one KTEC sent me is a lot smaller.

I have phoned KTEC and they are taking it back and have suggested this instead: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=530&appid=4

I would like to know from CS what my options are in terms of either panel filters or cone setups. My mechanical knowledge isnt amazing so go easy.

Cheers :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It's been a while since my 1.2, but I had an 04 Plate Dynamique too and ran a K&N 57i Induction Kit. If I were to get another Clio like it, I'd buy that again.

I have no experience with any others though!