ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Conditioning Problem

Arctic 182FF
right, my air conditioning is working when it feels like it:

* Seemed to be working fine then noticed it wasnt that cold with it on and also that turning it on and off there was no 'click' from the engine bay anymore, searched on here and took it to be regassed...

* Went for regas at kwik-fit, they tried it after and was still not working... one plus point of kwik-fit was that I didnt have to pay as the vent temperature was no cooler! but they couldnt look into why it wasnt working as they dont fix air con, only regas.

* Tried it on the way home and still the same, BUT started it up to put car in garage later and it worked fine, icccccy cold and could hear it 'click' on and off fine.

* Over the next couple of days it worked sometimes but for the last week or so theres been nothing at all.

* Climate works fine otherwise, can up the temp gets warm, lower the temp gets cold.
* The AC light goes on and off in auto mode or when i press it on manual mode, just when its not working theres no 'click' when it should be cutting in.

Any ideas what to check next??? could it be a relay sticking or something??

CLIO Iceberg 172
i think you need a new climate control unit, thats the box in the car...,
if that dont work then it could be two other things, the ecu or the ryo sensor, (not sure if thats how its spelt) when you look at the aircon rad its on the top right close to the headlight when looking at it from the front of the car.