ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Conditioning blowing out totally boiling hot air?

H

HeatherRS

Just driven home from work and tried putting my air conditioning on and it was just blowing out super hot air!? It was working fine yesterday which is kind of strange. Could it possibly only be a need to re-gas it? Please help

Ph1 172 + Combo van
was the engine warmed up and did you let it run for a while? you have to allow time for the air to come out cold. if you did this then it must need regassing. a lot of places do it think its about £80 but i might be wrong someone on here will tell you a price!

H

HeatherRS

Yep the car was warm, i know it comes out with warm air at first and then goes cold but this was just constant heat. I will try getting it regassed... fingers crossed thats the only problem. Thanks

Renaultsport 220T
You might have a leak in the condensor, they are prone to stone chips etc.

Get it checked for leaks before regassing.

Monaco Ph2 172
Had the same problem with mine a while back. Thought it was the resistor pack (a common fault apparently) but it turned out to be something to do with the connection between the motor and the flap that mixes the hot and cold air coming into the cabin. Will see if I can find the thread with it on... it has pictures! :)

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=308548

www.renparts.co.uk
as above, do a search its a common fault

as for the people saying it needs regassing etc lol it wouldn't blow 'hot air'

Clio Sport 182
as above sounds like the mixer flaps have got stuck or out of sync, if the aircon needed re-gassing it wouldn't start to work again ok !! i'm sure mine did it once when it had been cold for ages and i'd been using then heat then turned it onto cold and hot still came out, its been ok ever since just keep a eye on it mate...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get the resistor pack changed quick! i left mine and it caused my alternator to catch fire.