ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con

Clio Sport 182
Hi,
I had my air con gassed and found a leak and it was empty in 2 days. I'm after a new air con seal and can't seem to find them separately and Renault want £18 for a kit. Is this the only option? I haven't opened the pipe yet to see what type of seal there is but I've seen some people buy kits with O rings and others with a cylinder type seal that goes over the pipe. Is it a case of you can use either or do you need a specific one? Also I got a box of O rings will they do if one fits or do they need to be a specific type of rubber?
Thanks
Dane

Clio Sport 182
This is where it's leaking, but the cars in the garage having the belt done so I can't take it apart at the moment :(

Attachments

• _20160901_160410.JPG
    _20160901_160410.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 112
  Megane 225 f1
That pipe is the browny coloured seal which is part of the kit from renault.
Not sure on if new pipe comes with seal but would imagine new pipe will be more than the seal kit. Its always advised to change seals when undoing air con pipes. I also dab a bit of engine oil onto the new seal to make sure it dosent pinch when doing up the pipe.

Clio Sport 182
OK thanks. I was reading a thread on here somewhere someone ordered a kit and it only came with O rings. Would this be correct or is there only 1 kit that comes with everything? Thanks again
That pipe is the browny coloured seal which is part of the kit from renault.
Not sure on if new pipe comes with seal but would imagine new pipe will be more than the seal kit. Its always advised to change seals when undoing air con pipes. I also dab a bit of engine oil onto the new seal to make sure it dosent pinch when doing up the pipe.

Megane 225 f1
As far as i know there is 2 kits. One with the brown seals and one with o rings. Any decent renault parts bloke should know if you ask for the brown ones to go on the condensor pipe. I got a set for mine from renault wolverhampton. Unfortunatley ive used them otherwise id offer you the one you need. @dane0

Clio Sport 182
Thanks @clioben182 so I don't need the O rings, just the brown seal? I'll pop into Renault and order them as soon as I can then. Last time I went in there for a bearing it took them 3 attempts to get it right and the 1st two times I gave them the part number (some wise person on here gave me it) and Renault told me it was wrong and assured me what they offered was correct. Turns out the guy on here was right, they also sold me the wrong clutch cable AFTER telling me it was a hydraulic one! So you can see why I prefer to ask on here first :) thanks for your help!