ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air-con re-gas

TDI tyre shreader
How often is it best to have it regassed? my 172 is now 3 years old and i'm convinced it doesnt get as cold as it used to, it still works and still gets cold tho

Volvo S60 T5
Book says every 4 years, but if you dont use it much the system loses gas over time.
Re-gas if £50 inclusive from me.

TDI tyre shreader
Mike@Rentech said:
Book says every 4 years, but if you dont use it much the system loses gas over time.
Re-gas if £50 inclusive from me.

I use it a fair bit with demist and especially with this hot weather but it just doesnt seem to perform as it used to.

I wish i was local to you Mike it pains me to say im up north!!!

Black 172
I am also looking for somewhere to re gas my air con my car is three years old and my air con is not as cold as it used to be

Arctic blue 182
Halfrauds are about to do a promotion where they'll check your aircon for free and then there are good rates on re-gassing and cleaning.

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
I usually try to avoid admitting to working at Halfords (hey, it's on bikes alright) but if I was you, I'd avoid the aircon services on offer.
There's a lot of ill feeling within the company about inadequate/no training, and a lot of stores are refusing to run the service at the moment to avoid legal problems when the minimum wage sales guy breaks someones aircon.

Ok, so some stores are doing it and will do it perfectly, but there's a risk you'll get one of the ones that hasn't had proper training (from what I've heard from on bikes they expect us to practice on staff cars... yeah right), and then I doubt you'll be too happy.

This is all IMO of course.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I got the same problem- suppose renault dealer would take the p*ss other than that yellow pages maybe??

BMW M135i
Mines a 03 and it needs regassing (i think), has never got as cold as my old 1.2 did its more of a cool. Luckily the extended warrenty i've got covers it so its being done for free :), unfortunately i've got to wait until the 1st August. Good old Renault.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
davebigfoot said:
Halfrauds are about to do a promotion where they'll check your aircon for free and then there are good rates on re-gassing and cleaning.

Halfords re-gass! What sorta price, do you know Sir.