ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con out of the 197

172 5HED
My car came with it, dont want it, was an ex demo so it just came with it!!!

Anyone took theirs out? I know I need a dummy pully for the belt to travel round... but more than that I'm stumped??? :S

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm sure this car is being ruined slowly.......

Anyhow, you can get a belt of anysize from a local motorfactors, so no dummy pulley needed. You'll just need to offer up a dummy to get the right size

172 5HED
I'm sure this car is being ruined slowly.......

Anyhow, you can get a belt of anysize from a local motorfactors, so no dummy pulley needed. You'll just need to offer up a dummy to get the right size

Why mate?? I wouldnt call it ruined, its personal preference! I wouldnt say the R26.R is ruined for its lack of extra weight??

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look!

Gaz197, its 20kg so its a little more than "sod all weight"

thats a bit harsh.

wrong actually IMO but your entitled to your opinion gaz ;)

how stripping a car, lightening it, camming it up, etc is ruining it i'm not sure.

the end product will be totally individual, failing that kev will be happy im sure

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dont take it the wrong way like, but never runs right off all the threads i see :)

If it was left alone it would be a minter for sure :)

Wiat a minute...... i'm the only 197 GAZ in the Village, there cant possibly be another Gaz197.........!

172 5HED
thats a bit harsh.

wrong actually IMO but your entitled to your opinion gaz ;)

how stripping a car, lightening it, camming it up, etc is ruining it i'm not sure.

the end product will be totally individual, failing that kev will be happy im sure

As said mate, its personal preference!! Some people buy stuff and keep it as is, I bought it with the intention of playing around with it as you know!!!

You coming to streamline Sun??

Kev I can sort you out with the complete Cup race car spec kit which has a proper idler pulley and designed belt run.

Everything bar the heater box is pretty easily removeable too.

Cheers
M

172 5HED
Kev I can sort you out with the complete Cup race car spec kit which has a proper idler pulley and designed belt run.

Everything bar the heater box is pretty easily removeable too.

Cheers
M

Hi Matt, as usual, many thanks mate!!!

Want to PM/mail me the details??

Kev

Hi Matt, as usual, many thanks mate!!!

Want to PM/mail me the details??

Kev

No probs mate I'll work out what bits you need. Think it will just be alt bracket, idler pulley and belt but will need to see if the road car alt and cup race car alt is the same........ I don't think it is.

Cheers
M

320d
Why mate?? I wouldnt call it ruined, its personal preference! I wouldnt say the R26.R is ruined for its lack of extra weight??

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look!

Gaz197, its 20kg so its a little more than "sod all weight"

To be fair the R26R has C/C.

However its your car mate and a very good one it is too.

I'd just be a bit worried about resale value etc however its already been cammed etc so go for it.

What weight are you aiming for? How much weight can come out of the 197? Are you going to retain the satandard recaro's or go for lightweight buckets?

clio sport 197
ive got to agree regardless is you strip a 197 out it will be heavy still.

ive got one and i was going to strip it but when i added all the estimated wait loss it int worth the time or effort mate. ive jst kept mine all in. thats one of the down falls in my eyes (the heavy wait). but they are safe cars.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
will taken the aircon off not only save u weight but give a couple of horses bak onto the bhp??
i cood be wrong but ive heard from a few ppl that aircon, power steerin, stuff like that, which runs off belts sap power from the engine...is there sum truth to that or have been bullshitted by a so called kno it all??

clio sport 197
you would gain some bhp but iam sure it int alot. then again if he wants to do it well i think he should. he may well get it the way he wants it.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
yea....just dont go abroad durin the summer, cos ull need to air the seats to dry off the sweat after uve takin the aircon off.

Clio 197 08
why u wanna remove air con, it'll hold more value when u come to sell it

If you just keep the button for the air cone in then when he comes to resale they wouldnt no the difference anyway!! What with most people noting the fact the air con does nothing!!

What mod did you start out with Kevo??

320d
If you just keep the button for the air cone in then when he comes to resale they wouldnt no the difference anyway!! What with most people noting the fact the air con does nothing!!

Thats all well and good but if the buyer asks you would have to tell them that you have removed it.

That wouldn't work on me anyway. For a start you can tell when the air con is on as it go's clearly colder, the only way you may not notice is if it was -2 outside when they tested the aircon,also you can hear the compressor spooling down when you turn it off.

Clio 197 08
I think i will retract my air con comment as everyone reading into it to much!! I was just said in jest as it is commonly known on the 197 it isnt very gd!! That was all!

Am more interested to know what mods kevo has done so far as am looking to start on my own 197!

Was a 197
won't have to tell them that u had it removed as its not standard. if it was removed then the buyer wouldn't know any different!

172 5HED
All, I cant be arsed multi quoting!!

Couldnt give a rats ass about resale, bought it to play with, but I do get your point.

Air con was an option on the cup, if I bought it new I wouldnt have specd it, whats the point in buying the lighter weight version then adding weight in??!!

Ash 197, my 1st mod ws the exhaust mate.

Mullen, if I can get as near to 1000kg as poss and have around 200BHP per tonne I think that would be quite good TBH but yeah they are a big old bus!!!

Clio Cups are 1060KG with full lights, indicators, mega heavy brackets, roll cage, fire extinguishers, glass windows, fully skinned doors etc. etc.

If you're comitted you can get a 197 below 1000KG but it will involve a lot of work and it won't be very nice as a road car afterwards LOL

Cheers
M

172 5HED
Hmm, we'll see what we can get down too then?? Only took the megane a weight loss programme of 120ish Kg to knock a good bit off the 0-60 sprint!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Sell it & buy an exige :D

Don't matter how much power or weight you remove, it's a clio!

Like mine as is, just need some sticky tyres for tracking ;)

172 5HED
Sell it & buy an exige :D

Don't matter how much power or weight you remove, it's a clio!

Like mine as is, just need some sticky tyres for tracking ;)

Cant afford one mate :dapprove:

I would prefer to beat other cars round a track in just a clio ;);)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The driver makes more difference than the car;)

Silverstone guy in mk1 fiesta was staying with everything & i mean everything:D

172 5HED
The driver makes more difference than the car;)

Silverstone guy in mk1 fiesta was staying with everything & i mean everything:D

Ahh well... Im laughing then mate....... ;)

getting some race tuition off a touring car driver :eek: