ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con condenser

ok car in today to find the aircon issue , have to praise SMC Renault in Weybridge for finding the issue , and currently having not charged us after advising that the condenser is holed.

they quoted ....Gulp 572 for a new one and 10 day lead time , which they understood was steep (had one replace on the V50 and that came to a grand) however, i have found one online after finding a few 25 quid jobs used on ebay

http://www.hypershop.org/car-air-conditioning-condenser-aircon-radiator-for-renault-clio-20-renaultsport-172-from-feb-00-to-date-hatchback-petrol-172-bhp-part-16-1271.html

ok car in today to find the aircon issue , have to praise SMC Renault in Weybridge for finding the issue , and currently having not charged us after advising that the condenser is holed.

they quoted ....Gulp 572 for a new one and 10 day lead time , which they understood was steep (had one replace on the V50 and that came to a grand) however, i have found one online after finding a few 25 quid jobs used on ebay

http://www.hypershop.org/car-air-conditioning-condenser-aircon-radiator-for-renault-clio-20-renaultsport-172-from-feb-00-to-date-hatchback-petrol-172-bhp-part-16-1271.html

​go for it with an 18 month warranty rather than an already stone peppered one off ebay ? also think i will fit a fine mesh behind the large holes of the black mesh bit in the lower bumper to stop a repeat maybe ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
would just buy a secondhand one from a trusted seller.

annoyingly I just lobbed out my spare one which came from a car I knew the aricon worked in as I was trying to be ruthless about not storing too much stuff when we moved house!

would just buy a secondhand one from a trusted seller.

annoyingly I just lobbed out my spare one which came from a car I knew the aricon worked in as I was trying to be ruthless about not storing too much stuff when we moved house!

​68 quid for a new one does not seem too bad inc postage to be fair , my thought on a 172/182 one would be its old anyway and they only take so many stone hits before popping

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry mate I misread your post and through it said compressor.

Yeah for the rad, a new cheapy one makes perfect sense.

Bet its holed where the radiator and aircon rad sit next to each other, the brackets brake off and then they chaife, especially when someone does the cambelt and it breaks as it comes apart.

Sorry mate I misread your post and through it said compressor.

Yeah for the rad, a new cheapy one makes perfect sense.

Bet its holed where the radiator and aircon rad sit next to each other, the brackets brake off and then they chaife, especially when someone does the cambelt and it breaks as it comes apart.

ah yes , had it been a compressor then yep thats the rout i would have gone down .....

now i just need some camber bolts and some hubcentric front spacers (20,mm ?) i think i answered a guy in basingstoke about some rear 10mm spacers with -1 of camber for the rear ,

think we are going to do oulton , and i may make the bedford evening

Would be great to see you at the bedford evening mate, lots of people from here going :)

​i know and not really a long slog for me ..... will just send the wife to work in the audi (shes not making my volvo dirty with sweet wrappers)

Renault Clio dci 1.5
Does anyone know how to change the condenser? It appears to be attached to the whole radiator and I'm a little confused.

monaco 172
it bolts to the radiator with i think 4 little 8mm bolts. The mounting brackets are really soft metal and snap easily so be careful.

Renault Clio dci 1.5
Thanks for that. I have a mechanic friend who seems to think its one piece and its connected to the rad and the lot needs to be replaced. I think otherwise but I'm no mechanic. He's very trust worthy but not renault familiar. Does the bumper need to come off? Also i cant find my receiver drier. Renault said this to me on email "There are only 2 positions for the drier unit on a clio II. The normal one is by the condensor. Sometimes it is mounted in the drivers side front wheel arch behind the headlight panel."

monaco 172
Nope its definitely seperate to the main rad, like I said before they are connected by 4 tiny bolts.

bumper and slam panel come off yes, only takes 15 mins to remove though,

​cant help with the reciever unit as ive never heard of one lol.

PH2 Flamer
Probably is, I've had a look and can't see any cracks etc. all the bottom of it is green though, from the dye.

Will have to look into it deeper

CLS320 with a D6
Not sure if Renault do them separately but they are just o rings which id assume are nothing special and u can pick up at halfrauds or similar

Renault Clio dci 1.5
Sorry to hijack again but I called renault and they only sell the rad and condenser as one unit for my car but online I can buy them seperate. Is this just renault being lazy?

Sorry to hijack again but I called renault and they only sell the rad and condenser as one unit for my car but online I can buy them seperate. Is this just renault being lazy?

​most likely ..... renault are silly money for those parts and it was renault themselves who advised i looked elsewhere .