ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag lights and wiring

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Picked up my 182 on tuesday and was told by the previous own that the airbag light was on due to the aftermarket steering wheel and he'd never gotten around to getting it sorted.

Car also has Evo 7 Recaro seats and is a geniune 182 Cup, so i believe no seat airbags as standard, but does have the pretensioner belt clips.

Anyway airbag light and serv is on as noted above.

On checking the wiring under the seat, i found a wire not connected to anything. Do i need to do anything with this one (see picture the one with what appears to be a bent metal clip and a button under)?

Then the steering wheel looks like it has a resister already, but a second wire looks to be cut. Looking at a guide i believe this also needs to have a resister is this correct?

Attachments

• 20180419_085733.jpg
    20180419_085733.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 20180419_131905.jpg
    20180419_131905.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 80

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cable tie the clip back on the one in the footwell and put a 3.9ohm resistor in the one behind the steering wheel

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I think only the 172 Cup had boggo standard seats. The 182 “full fat/cup packed” model still had the half leather/alcantara seats with a full complement of airbags.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
It's definitely a 182 Cup and not a cup packed car, so would have had cloth seats.

Cable tie the clip back on the one in the footwell and put a 3.9ohm resistor in the one behind the steering wheel

One of the connectors already has a resistor installed and is taped up, but looking at a guide earlier it looked like two connectors needed resistors and i'm missing the second connector. Can i just use a scotch block on the end of the snipped wire to install a resistor?

What is the footwell wire for with the clip/button?