ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag and pre-tensioner light after fitting Recaro's

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Fitted a set of Trophy Recaro's to my 172 Cup yesterday and now these two lights have come on.

I was under the impression It would be a straight swap with no implications, have I done something wrong? Is it just a case of getting the car plugged in to a diagnostics machine to get them switched off?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The lights are because of seat airbags and the pretensioners are for that reason. Im sure there is some capacitor you can put in to stop it coming on. Check guides section mate as there should be one in there especially with the number of people who've done it in past.

Edit: try this http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=630252

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
This is why I'm confused Don, my cup seats didn't have air bags and neither do these Reacro's. Didn't think I'd have this problem.

I'll have a read through the guide anyway, cheers mate.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
This is why I'm confused Don, my cup seats didn't have air bags and neither do these Reacro's. Didn't think I'd have this problem.

I'll have a read through the guide anyway, cheers mate.

I know mate, but it could be the pretensioners causing it to be like that. Failing any better information, you could put it on an OBDII and get the code wiped.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Generic EODB won't touch SRS I'm afraid... you'll need something a bit more professional.

Westfield, 182, 200
If you fit resistors in place of the missing airbag/tensioner, the fault should clear off the dash!

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
After fitting the resistors and following the above guide, does anyone know if the lights should go off by themselves? Or do I need to get them turned off by a garage?

Westfield, 182, 200
Mine also went out-had a faulty side impact sensor on the lads, replacing that made the light go out too!

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Still no joy with this, had it plugged in and the fault is with the drivers side. Some kind of open circuit?

Gonna have a good search on here to see what else it could be.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Okay so it looks like in the process of fitting the new seats I've actually trapped and severed the wiring loom that comes from beneath the carpet under the subframe.

This has opened a whole new can of worms as some of the wires are the same colour and there seems to be no way of differentiating which one connects where.

Westfield, 182, 200
I have a pin out from the airbag ecu that may help finding which pair is open circuit, but it's for a 182 not a 172, not sure if they're the same though-helped me find a faulty side impact sensor.
Also, if it helps, there is a seat position sensor on the driver's seat runner that detects if the seat is clicked back correctly, can't remember the reading off hand, but it's NOT 3 ohms like the air bag, it's something like 100 or 400 ohms.
Ian.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay so it looks like in the process of fitting the new seats I've actually trapped and severed the wiring loom that comes from beneath the carpet under the subframe.

This has opened a whole new can of worms as some of the wires are the same colour and there seems to be no way of differentiating which one connects where.

Bring it in... I bet you i'll fix the bugger ;)

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Massively busy im afraid although if serious I may be able to do something for you late Saturday in the afternoon.

Normally I'm only in on Saturdays till 13.30 but as I AM having the day off on Monday (and am turning off the phone) I'm open till 17.30

Drop me an email via my website and I'll write you in. Don't just turn up though, I've already got an RS 250, Clio 200, Clio 182 and a Clio 172 booked in for stuff that same day so will be going to the pub as soon as I can shut the doors.

www.diamondmotors.co.uk

Mick

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Thanks Mick, I don't want to put you with it being the Easter weekend. The car is obviously still useable so it can wait until next weekend.

I'll be in touch.