ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AHHHH! Had enough

With my third set of valve caps nicked I bought some Richbrook anti theft caps.

Had them three days, then they got nicked. Crap design they are, theres a grub screw to lock the cap to the valve but it sticks out so they obviously just used a a pair of pliers to unfasten em - as the scratches on my alloys seems to indicate - ahhhh!

Think I may take some time off work and sleep in the daytime so I can stay up and kick the cr*p out of the thieving b*sta*rds. I mean they are only valve caps, wasnt bothered at the first set but this is starting to feel like persecution.

Might get perimeter microwave fitted to my alarm...and a nice shiny baseball bat.

don't

where do u park 2 have them stolen all the time??

vaseline, errrm ok well thats 1 way 2 do it, prob a gd idea but i think pikeys would just take dangermouses valve caps then think of the added bonus as theyve got sum free vaseline 2 use aswel

I live above the local Lloyds TSB and park overnight in the customer car park. From my flat I can hear the alarm but thats about it. Cant see the car or car park and there is no security lighting.

Just sent an email to Richbrook telling em their caps are crap. What they need to do is have the caps spin freely and you need a hollow key to slot inside the sleeve and around the valve stem to lock it, bit like a locking fuel cap.

They even made their cap hexagonal so you can put a spanner on it to force it off.

Vaseline lol maybe thats a good idea but I dont want to come down and find em using the vaseline for alternative entertainment....

Clio 182

Mine were stolen in broad daylight, middle of afternoon, parked right outside my house. I walked round the corner and the little brat was taking them off but he ran through a nearby alley before I could get him, which was probably lucky for him...

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 12 July 2004

I used to smother mine with vaseline. Seemed to dumbfound my local pikeys!

-Rob
I could never get them off!!!

the next time i see a kid on a mountain bike with valve cap im gonna nick em! some little punk nicked mine and thought it would b funny to let a tyre down. i hate little punk kids! i stick to rubber ones now!:(

I think Im about the only person who thinks the standard ones look ok!

No need to change them.. they do the job, they dont attract attention and they look ok! (imo!)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 July 2004

No need to change them.. they do the job, they dont attract attention and they look ok! (imo!)
im with u on this lol

172 Exclusive

Really whats the point oh having fancy valve caps because you still have the rubber going to the cap anyway and like what daz said standard ones look ok

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 July 2004

I agree - one less thing for scrotes to want to nick! I think theyre about the last thing Id notice on a car anyway.

i once caught the git that tried to steal mite, didnt half look shocked wen i came running after him

wudnt surprise u that he had fake burberry and a baseball cap on and was about 10

scum

Update guys:

The chaps at Richbrook actually said they would look at my suggestions for improving the design and two days later they sent me a replacment set free. Cant fault em for customer service.

They sent me a catalogue too and Im thinking about having the flush fit valves fitted. There is nothing at all protruding from the wheel, you just fit an adaptor when you want to inflate the tyre. Looks the bus and you cant nick whats not there.

All you standard valve cap supporters may be right but then steel wheels do the job dont they...but I bet you all have alloys fitted? Am I wrong?