ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aggressive Knocking 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
If you plan it in 1st/2nd you get an aggresive knocking coming from the front of the car.

Is this engine mount/dog bone mount giving me troubles?

Mark

I had the same problem, in the end i changed all the mounts and the knocking went;), some times in the wet the gear box popped out of 1st as well, think its best to change the lot if i was you.

Clio 172 Cup
Ok, already got a ktec order in this morning, now gonna have to add lol.

What is it I need exactly?

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
I'm having problems with mine still.. had top mount & lower gear box mount replaced and waiting to get the upper gear box one done now.. perhaps thats the last one thats causing the noise still! I've had mine replaced with renault standard ones...

RS Megane 225F1
To be honest I wouldn't trust a stealer to replace the "standard" ones, they told me they did mine twice and it was in 9 times, they said they had done the gearbox one but the battery hadn't been removed !!! not sure what magic potion they used to changed that then !!! it started at 7k and when I had done 60k and it ran out of warranty it was still there and they said they had changed em and now me warranty was up there wa snowt they could do !!!, not convinced they changed anything other than their flavour of doughnut for that day !!!.

Bought the K-Tec one and it went and never came back !!! how odd !!!

Most stealers = thiefs IMO..... find a good indy who you can trust....

Cheers
Lee

I'd imagine it'll be either the upper engine mount or the upper gearbox mount, I had the knocking noise you're talking about so I replaced the upper engine mount and it cured it. Although after 2months it's come back so I think it's knackered again. I'm looking at getting the uprated mounts from K-tec eventually.

RS Megane 225F1
I'd imagine it'll be either the upper engine mount or the upper gearbox mount, I had the knocking noise you're talking about so I replaced the upper engine mount and it cured it. Although after 2months it's come back so I think it's knackered again. I'm looking at getting the uprated mounts from K-tec eventually.

Mine came back after replacing these, get the dogbone one from ktec first IMO it worked on mine....

Clio 172 Cup
Might as well order the lot and get it over and done with, going to need doing one day.

Cheers for the help once again!!

RS RIP
do'nt forget when mounting these goods to pull the engine forward with a crow-bar (or like) before tightening up ..