ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG Intensive Tar Remover

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I bought a bottle of this as I have a fair few large spots of tar on the skirts etc.

Would I be right in thinking I should use this before claying the car?

I'm thinking tar remover first as the patches of tar are quite a size so would just clog up the clay bar,

Cheers
Andy.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
it actually melts the clay! Same as AS tardis. Dab it on, wipe and rince, Clay after. horrible stuff. Wear gloves.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
OK Cheers.... Going to give the car a quick rinse 1st as it is filthy then use the Tar remover and a quick rinse afterwards then clay it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Suffolk to Scotland to clean a car... Maybe not LOL

Going to attack my car in stages I think.... Its mild today so give the Paintwork a Good Strip down and if its mild Tomorrow I'll build up the Layers of SRP and EGP on it and then a detail on Saturday before the Big Lakeside Meet on Sunday

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Decided to wait on the Claying until Tomorrow....... Bloody Tar gets on every panel except the roof... The more i crawled around the floor the more I spotted.... No doubt I will find some more Tomorrow whilst Claying but its got rid of the masses of Tar on the Underside of the Skirts etc. :)

I must have looked like a right idiot with my Latex Gloves on cleaning my car

Clio 182 :)
Yep best thing is to remove largest tar spots with tar remover, you'll take care of the very small bits with the clay :D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im sure you could just dilute it a little then spray it all over the car, like Ali says similar to Tardis. Where it just melts everything

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Dilkute and Spary seems a pretty good way to ue it TBH as putting it onto the cloth and rubbing is a tedious task..... Bloody tar gets everywhere aswell so a full body wash wit hit would do no harm I suppose.