ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG High Definition Wax

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I like it!

Applied it a week ago after a wash, a clay bar then a polish with SRP. A few days later I jet washed some dust and dead flies off.

Today in the work car park it's beading like this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312453840.214482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312453840.214482.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 65
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312453867.395639.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312453867.395639.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 70
  SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I'm gonna put a few more layers on this weekend. Is it worth clay baring again? The paint still feels really smooth.

Can I use the AG Extra Gloss Protection over the top?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If you only clayed a week ago then no its not worth doing it again (I normally do mine once maybe twice a year max).

Just wash the car as normal and hit it with another layer of Wax

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As J said once/twice a year max.

Wash, dry and another layer of HD then leave it a few months. Buy a QD for wiping down after drying for the next time instead of putting more wax on.

The wax is intended to work for 6 months at least so no need to keep re-applying.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
No worries. I have some AG Aqua Wax that I've not used in a while, should I use that instead of QD?

Seat Ibiza
No worries. I have some AG Aqua Wax that I've not used in a while, should I use that instead of QD?

Yeah I'd like to know this answer too, I've been using Aqua Wax every time I wash, (twice a week) an it has kept my paint smooth for over 4 months but now I've ran out of it, is Aqua a QD with wax in it, or is it a type of QD?

Bumder With A Buffer
Aqua wax will be fine to use. Its a QD with a little bit of protection in from memory.

It seems to work well as a protection detailer so should be no issues using it.

RB One Eight Two
AG HD Wax is a superb wax. I fell out with it about a year ago because I wasn't applying it too thick and it was an arse to buff off. Now I don't use anything else. Smells so good aswell.

172DD Cup
i've turned into a bit of an autoglym *****, i find it's a good value/performance compromise. i lay down the hd wax then every couple of weeks or so after a wash i use the aqua wax on top of the existing hd wax.

edit: i did the hd wax about three months ago. i hadn't cleaned it for a month then spent an hour on it the other night before it got dark. pressure wash with autoglym, then body conditioner shampoo, then aqua wax. the hd wax i did a while ago seems to be going strong. pics not great.

284967_10150344857220465_671440464_9780793_6469608_n.jpg

(pic is from the following morning if you're wondering why no wet patches)

Last edited:
  RB One Eight Two
That is so so clean. Such a nice shine, the only thing which lets it down is no tyre shine :(

172DD Cup
yeah i've never been a big fan of that, even though i've got some. car gets dirty fairly quickly. if i have time over the weekend and i'll put some tyre shine on it and get another pic :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm no detailing wh0re but really like the HD wax. Gives an decent shire and lasts well IMO:

5797293654_5357f699cf_z.jpg

Since we're posting pictures :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That was after claying, SRP and EGP mate. HD really seems to work well with red!

BG 182
What happens after 6 months? Do you just top the wax up with another layer or does it have to be removed with clay or something?

Seat Ibiza
Yeah I don't like the idea of fairy liquid as it has a slight abrasive within.

Would traffic film remover strip back old wax and polish? As I have endless supplies of this at work :)

RB One Eight Two
Ash, unreal.

Cheers mate ;)

What happens after 6 months? Do you just top the wax up with another layer or does it have to be removed with clay or something?

I have found that if you keep on top of the car over the summer months the HD wax will last. After I have applied the wax I tend to wash it once a week and after a wash I keep it topped up with a sealant which gives it that extra bit of protection. I will then apply another two coats of HD wax in October and leave it over the winter. It lasts very well.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sealant over the top of a wax? surely this should be the other way round due to as the wax naturally degrades it will remove the sealant. Plus I can't imaging the sealant bonding that well to a wax?

Also a wax acts as a kind of sacrificial layer allowing dirt to bond to it and not the paintwork. Therefore re-applying wax to anything other than a clean panel is asking for trouble? You'll be trapping dirt within the new layer IMO especially after 6 months, Maybe ok after the 1st month.

RB One Eight Two
Sealant over the top of a wax? surely this should be the other way round due to as the wax naturally degrades it will remove the sealant. Plus I can't imaging the sealant bonding that well to a wax?

I have always applied a coat of Aquartz reload after applying a wax, it has always worked fine for me, never had any problems :S

Also a wax acts as a kind of sacrificial layer allowing dirt to bond to it and not the paintwork. Therefore re-applying wax to anything other than a clean panel is asking for trouble? You'll be trapping dirt within the new layer IMO especially after 6 months, Maybe ok after the 1st month.

When I said I would then apply another layer in October, obviously I would have clayed the car first so that each panel is clean and i'm not trapping grit between layers ;)

QD rather sealant would probably have been the right phrase, but who's splitting hairs...

Tried this and for an entry level wax it really is perfectly acceptable. More than that actually. Still a fan of the Nattys though!

RB One Eight Two
Sorry my bad

No need to be sorry :) I'm no professional but i'm learning so any input is always appreciated :)

I didn't realise your from Braintree, do you ever come Stansted/Dunmow direction?