ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG car shampoo

www.renparts.co.uk
Anyone rate this? bought some today and isn't very soapy and doesn't really lubricate the surface... which i feel is essensial to stop scratching from dirt. On the Plus side its illuminous green ;) it advises to use 2 capfulls in a 10 litre bucket... Is this stuff rubbish or should i just use it? i like the frauds own stuff as its very soapy and feels like its cleaning.

106 GTi
I gave up using it years ago due to the lack of suds.

It actually cleans really well, and the suds dont do anything apart from give the apprerance that there is product in the water. The dont aid cleaning power of lubrication. It also leaves a decent finish and rinses easily due to lack of suds.

To make it foam up a bit fill the bucket using a high pressure flow of water. If it was me I would use it up on wheels and arches and get something else.

www.renparts.co.uk
Whats the Best shampoo then? megs? i like the halfords own stuff myself cleans really well but seems to leave oilyness if its not washed away extremely well.

106 GTi
I use Sonax Gloss Shampoo from the local Vauxhall dealers.

I quite like Meguiars Gold Class wash aswell.

ST
I gave up with it a good year n a half ago also....moved onto zymol autowash and Megs NXT....and as Rich said Gold Class is also very good..

106 GTi
Well reminded the Blue Zymol from Halfords ( made by Turtle Wax ) is really good to. Picked up a new bottle earlier myself.

106 GTi
I didnt look at the price! lol

Good old Sonax is great value for money 3-4 quid a litre,

Octavia VRS
I'm finishing my current bottle of AG Shampoo and think I'm gonna buy something else. Cleans ok but prefer other shampoos I have used. Going to a vauxhall dealership to pick up my clio so prob buy some of this Sonax

ive got loads of AG left, but may move onto the sonax if my vauxhall dealer arent w*****s..

do they all have them?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
R-jay paid about 3 - 4 quid a litre for sonax , my local vauxhall stealers charges £6.37 for 500ml ffs :(

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
LOL@ you guys!

Not all Vauxhall Stealers sell it, but all can order it.

I stocked up when it was 2.90 a litre last year as I swear the price was wrong, even the guy on the parts desk thought it was odd that the 500ml one was on there system for more money than the 1000ml.

Currently getting some info about 5 and 10 litre sizes as a friend has a mate in the parts department in our local one.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I use the megs NXT wash too
I find it cleans really well and have no problem rinsing it off :)

Fairy liquid works fine ;)

Only kidding!

I currently use Zymol shampoo from halfords. I usually put a half capfull of zymol cleaner wax in the bucket too, make sure it gets mixed in properly, and it really does bring a nice shine to the car when dried. Ifs good if you dont plan on waxing/polishing too, as it leaves it streak free and shiney.

It also aids with rinsing, as the water tends not to sit on the paint so much, and beads off.

if you havent tried it, then i suggest you do.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Damn. I just bought some AG this evening. Luckily though just a small bottle.

Rob669

www.renparts.co.uk
im finding if you mix it with halfrauds own stuff its great Cleaning power with the foam action of the halfrauds stuff. Ill be buying more and mixing it now :):)

JJ_

Clio
lol good idea Joshy, I like the Halfords stuff myself, I actually conducted a wash test a few months back and Halfords was up there, AG wasn't too great although it did clean the car well just didn't feel as slick or as well lubricated.

Meguiars NXT or Poorboys Slick Suds is good too, they are my favourites.

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh its the luricating i worrry about especially when its coated in grit in winter. I tend to get the jet wash out and quickly do arches and paint work to get rid of any large grit. Like i say the frauds stuff is great and soapy and the auto glym is quite rich and strong for getting it clean.... Mines really dirty at the moment but going to clean it on saturday as im fitting my new wheels on sunday :)