ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Stereo - Clio Dci 2004

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
My son has just bought a 2004 dci as his first car, I had a spare alpine ida-x100 so decided to fit it for him. Pulled the factory HU out and fitted the iso block but it has no power. Tried it in my car and it works fine, any ideas?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I assume the factory unit was working fine when removed? Checked fuses to make sure none have blown when changing over? ( I know they shouldn't as long as all power was off at the time but you never know)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need to swap the yellow and red wires over on the iso connector if you're fitting an alpine.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I did that and still nothing. Put the factory HU back in and it works fine. I've order one of those cables that supports the clock also, see if that makes a difference...

Listerine & Poledo
I remember using an adapter lead in the 172, but it was the one to keep the dashtop display useful and the stalks working.
Wasn't a cheap piece of wire, but would recommend.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, bought one of them. Quite a complicated bit of cable and not cheap at £30. Factory headunit works fine, now am I right in thinking if I simply swap the yellow and red in the ISO, it should plug in and work straight away, minus the steering controls etc?

Clio 182
Best way to check is multimeter on red/yellow, red shld b 12v ign switched, yellow 12v constant, some factory hu's can still run on one feed whereas aftermarket require both- so if you find it still doesnt work then itll be a fuse causing your problems

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Got the multimeter out today, constant 12v on yellow, nothing on red with ignition on or off. I didn't think it was the fuse as the factory renault HU worked fine, however, checked the fuse and sure enough, it was blown. Swapped it out and still nothing, so I was like WTF? Checked it again and its blown again. Turns out the cigarette lighter has a small piece of metal in the bottom, that was shorting the fuse. Removed that and hey presto. It all works.