ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket steering wheel woes

First off, hello everyone just recently joined after buying a 03 172.

To the issue, the 172 I bought had an aftermarket wheel fitted which has been well and truly hacked and pikey teched on the column.
All the connectors that connect the airbags etc to the standard wheel have been lopped off and a shoddy horn button soldered in, which ended up causing a short and a lovely puff of smoke from under the cowling.
So basically the hub to which the indicator stalk and what not attach to is buggered and I need a new one (part number 61760007) I thought this would be a straight forward thing to get as I figured it would be a common part for all clios of this age, it's isn't due to one connector which is just lovely.
Could anyone point me in the right direction to get a second hand one, I'm off to a dealer now to get a price for a new one but I'd be shocked if it's anything under 100. All the breaker yards I've been to this morning have turned up nothing.

Sorry for rambling on but any help would be very much appreciated.

Here's some pictures of the offending piece

Many thanks

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's bits called the squib.

Should be able to get one on here, just ask somebody breaking a 172 or failing that there will be plenty on eBay.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
image.png

clio 172
I'd recommend that you get a phase 1 indicator stalk,has horn button,will stop the horn from shorting again,which is highly likely on aftermarket wheel.