ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aftermarket steering wheel/cruise control

182 ff cup packs
is there an easy way to keep the cruise control when putting a decent wheel on, no1 seems 2 cater for this yet...changed my wheel on my 172 an i hate the standard wheel on my 182 now grrrrrrrrrr
p.s ...my chunky fingers dont get on with delicate electrics

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's not really delicate electrics.

A few on here have done some mint installs with just a decent drill, some buttons and some wiring with heatshrink etc.

If you search you'll find it, was a sabelt wheel iirc.

CursedTitanium 182FF
As a temporary measure I have done this

IMAG0123.gif

Until I can be arsed to make a switch plate up to go behind the wheel. If you have the Sabelt wheel though, this will be of no use to you.

E46 M3
This is mine:

IMG_20120525_185450.jpg

The mount (and red buttons) are from demon tweaks with the black buttons from ebay.

Clio 182
As a temporary measure I have done this

IMAG0123.gif

Until I can be arsed to make a switch plate up to go behind the wheel. If you have the Sabelt wheel though, this will be of no use to you.

Hi,
I have problem with my cruise control, and one possible cause is that the buttons on the wheel are at fault. The Renault dealer got me a replacement button kit but when they tried to fit them they said it was impossible to change them. Is it easy to remove and replace the buttons on the original wheel?
Cheers.

Clio 182
This is mine:

IMG_20120525_185450.jpg

The mount (and red buttons) are from demon tweaks with the black buttons from ebay.

This looks good. Can you suggest a list of all parts to do this conversion please. Is it easy to wire up the horn and CC buttons?
Cheers.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Hi,
I have problem with my cruise control, and one possible cause is that the buttons on the wheel are at fault. The Renault dealer got me a replacement button kit but when they tried to fit them they said it was impossible to change them. Is it easy to remove and replace the buttons on the original wheel?
Cheers.

Yes

Clio 182

Hi,
Thanks for the reponse. I've seen pictures of the wheel with airbag removed, and it's not clear how you get at the fixings (screws?) for the buttons. Would you be kind enough to provide a brief description of the removal procedure. (I plan to take the airbag off this weekend to have a look.)
Cheers.

Clio 182
Cheers. I can see the first but not the second link. Is it possible to remove the second plastic trim without breaking it, and does it all go back together OK?