ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket/Modified rear exhaust hanger

172 MKII FF
I've come to the conlusion that the standard renault rear exhaust hanger is w**k and is probably causing a lot of the problems I am having with my K-Tec Stealth. I think because of the weight of the rear box is bounces around and bangs.

Are there any places that do modified hangers or re-enforced hangers to handle the weight of a stainless steel backbox?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only way is to mod it
01092007209.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260344

172 MKII FF
How did you do that? What parts did you use? I've put a plastic lamp screw in mine but would love a job like that done.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
its some copper pipe with some larger rubber pipe fitted over it. It could be done with anything tbh, just needs something to pack out the spaces inbetween the X. That mount abouve was non genuine, tenner at most :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How did you do that? What parts did you use? I've put a plastic lamp screw in mine but would love a job like that done.

It's not mine, i nicked the pic out the link underneath it.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I stuck a large champage cork under the rubber bit, and fed a metal wire through and tied at the bottom. Worked a treat. My GF came home from Magaluf with a 'present,' all the corks from the champagne they had consumed over there. Thoughtful.

Last edited:
  pug 106 rallye S2
noticed on a clio cup racer at silverstone on sat they had put a strap from the very rearward end of the back box to the rear chassis rail seemed to work well but not sure what vibration or noise it would bput through the car? seemed alot better than normal renaults setup...