ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

after little one celebrated her 1st bday last week

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've got the same chair for my little girl, it's a great seat IMO, perfect for the price!!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yeah we are pleased, doesnt look out of place in the 182 :)

no excuse not to use it now :(

I'd have bought the best seat possible. You want your child to be safe.

Not some cheap thing because it suits your car.

Arctic Blue FF 182
kl story. Not quite sure why we all need to know this though? So much nonsense gets posted these days. Today I bought some more cheese

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
hardly worth it when she has never been in the car in 1 year, :rasp:

and wont be spending that mush time in it

It's a shocking seat, I seriously hope you never have an accident as your child will feel the brunt go it in that.

This is coming from someone who sells them.

It's also nice you put a budget on your childs safety.

I'd rather put them on the rear bench than in that.

Clio 1.2 16v
I second Feirny's comments, how Asda can dare to class this as a safe Group 0 seat shocks me. Maxi Cosi Priori XP if you must stick to a budget.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather share one seat that buy one like that. Just my opinion.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thanks for your valid input folk :rolleyes:

We are telling you that because you are tight fisted, that your child is not safe in that seat. £25 to hold the most precious thing in the world??!! You're a joke.

I'd say that was pretty good input.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I hate coming on here and see people get slated for stuff, but I think this time it's probably appropriate

2005 Clio 182
I'd go for a recaro one, surely that'd look in place in your clio and keep your child safe? I wouldn't trust asda with cheese let alone a child's safety!

53 Clio's & counting
OP, im guessing the bit you said about it matching your interior was probably said in jest, but as a parent (With another due in August) spending £25 on a car seat simply scares me.

Id rather not eat for a week, and buy a decent, 'best I could buy' seat for my kids.

No offence intended but just my opinion

Mk2 Ph2 172
I have both recaro seats for my little ones and they are the best I have found for quality, price and safety

Also very practical :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Only buy a seat worth £25 if your child is worth £25.

This also applies to crash helmets, belts, cages and all other safety equipment. The amount of people who wear ebay helmets stuns me.

Weo

Only buy a seat worth £25 if your child is worth £25.

This also applies to crash helmets, belts, cages and all other safety equipment. The amount of people who wear ebay helmets stuns me.

Same with tyres tbh, only thing that is between the car and the road, and people still buy budget... As said above I would seriously go without food to buy the best for my kids (if I had them) even if It meant having 1 seat between 2 cars and swapping it most of the time

thanks for your valid input folk :rolleyes:

Valid because I've been properly trained to fit them? I deal with them day in day out and would refuse to fit that.

Not my child, not my money. I just seriously hope no harm ever comes to your child because of that seat.

BG 182
I used to sell and fit these. I don't even have a child yet I still question why you'd even contemplate an unknown corner shop brand. £25.00 to save your child's life? Really? Do you think it's going to work? But because it's made in France, that makes it ok. I learnt about a whole range if car seats regularly and for a simple seat, the following is the best:

http://babyequipmentcomplete.com/main_site/main/index.php?pge=detail&iid=6393

Skimp a bit of money in mods maybe, or the car you buy, not mechanical or safety features.

535d / t5 caravelle
CRAZY! i'm pissed off with buying child car seats, we now have 4 all costing £200, 2 for our family car and 2 for the grand parents who pick them up from nursery and take them out, but i would never dream of paying £25 for one, do your research into these ffs, one incident is all it takes! get a grip on the important things please.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This didn't go well did it. Can't really complain tbf.

Rusty Cup
If it was me I'd just stick the baby in the glovebox. Sure you'd probably have to move some stuff first, but after the initial hassle I reckon it would be perfect being air cooled n what not.

Inferno 182 CUP
Okaay youve just let Shrek out of his cage.

If you value your daughters life more than £25. Take that piece of s**t back and buy a proper one.

a) read the reviews online
b) come see me at work ill show you videos
c) dont eat lunch before you come

Whether she rides in the car ones in 3 years or once every 30 minutes it only takes one trip to have a crash and one crash to kill her.

Muppet.