ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After an afternoon with meguiars thingies

Clio & Mitsu ASX
My arms are gone, gave the clio a proper cleaning today with meguiars thingies.
The clio is 5 years old, it sits outside most of the time. Hasn't been taken care of the past year and a half, it was really dirty when I bought it from my mother.
It's a red car, and red cars fade away over time (and are a pain in the ass to clean!)

1. Wash with NXT Car wash and 2 buckets
2. Smooth surface clay kit
3. Deep crystal paint cleaner
4. Deep crystal polish
5. NXT Tech wax
6. NXT Tech protectant plastic trim thingie

5-6 hours work...

But now it really shines. So I'm happy with what I did :)

clean1.jpg

Nice reflection ;)
clean2.jpg

a thirsty one
good skills i used to own a peugeot 106 gti in red which i had 5 years and red is a bugger for fading, looks in good nick. you also did a good job in getting all that done in 5-6 hours.

i used the 3 stage on my wifes old red car and made a huge diff, i hope the rain keeps of it for you.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Megs off the shelf products are poor imo! The professional range is much beta!

P

phill172

i bum meguiars polish. just bought some of the spray tech wax and its the best thing i have ever bought polish wise!

Saxo :(
Very nice results there man for shelf products, it might be my piss poor eyesight/shadow of the photo but is the front wheel still dirty? :p It looks a little darker than the rear one..

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Didn't clean the wheels :p

The right ones have a lot of cerbdamage, especially the right front one so it's better masked when they're dirty :D
This winter I'll probably send them in for repair when I switch to steely's and wintertires. I kind'a like those stock dynamique rimms, and maybe I'll get them repainted in a slightly darker colour, don't know yet what to do with them.