ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advise me on protection for a soft top

172 Cup
Evening

The mrs has just bought herself a 500c and I'm after some recommendations on the best product to use for protection on the soft top. It's wine coloured if that makes any odds!

Cheers

Rob

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used meguirs stuff on a customers car and it was bloody brilliant!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Loom at the GTechniq fabric sealant.

JD has coated his sofa in it iirc it's that good. I've only used it on clothes

Corsa Van. Meh.
I used GTechniq on the mrs TT. I made a thread with a video if you search.

Good product. Application was a bit of an arsehole outside (without a garage) as has to remain dry for a certain period!

Worked brilliantly!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
APC and a medium brush should do it Jaff, I usually step up the brush before the APC dilution if its required.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Cool that's what I used on a Saab the other day and it turned out well. Got some g101 now though so might yield better results

As mentioned, anything fabric of mine is now coated in i1 from GT. Superb product. I've been through litres of it.

Why didn't you do my roof? I've used the AG cleaner twice, but never had the dry dust free environment to apply the sealer.

Next job? I've got a load left, so can do it next time. We need to do a Sunday when we're not working until 6 and I don't know where I'm going/get stuck in traffic...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I come in here for some general reading and see I'm being blamed for something? How has that happened?

Haha. For some reason, Andy, I kept calling Yellow DAVE Andy wen I met him yesterday ecening. No idea why I'm mixing you two up or have you on my mind lol!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
And over his shoes ;)

That was the quick sand...

Lols!! Scott I forgot to ask your username, now I know. Pleasure meeting you lads, thanks for the "help" with the decals ;)

Dave, I might actually get your name right next time - apologies again :eek: Blame Andy aka Coby.

Same to you matey, anytime its not a problem. Yourself and Dave have been a great help with my detailing questions over the months.

You have both cost my a fortune, so i thank you for that...FLOL