ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice ?

Hi im Dan

Im 17 from High Wycombe

I havent got a clio yet but im looking to get one for my first car is this a good choice in terms of aftermarket parts and running costs ?

Thanks

Dan

172 Flamer
What clio are you getting?

If it's going to be a sport i'd check insurance quotes before you look into buying the car, being 17 you will be paying well above £1500

If your going for a lower engined clio, I wouldn't have thought you will have any problems.

RB & LY 182
First Car eh! I had a pug 306 1.9 diesel non-turbo

insurance was £1095 for the year and i was 17

cheap mods

clio should be okay thou!

Last edited:
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Great first car I would think. Would leave the modding a few years though, insurance will rape you once you tell them you have modified the car, expect you will be paying £1500 on a standard one . . .

Yeah will leave it a while till i do anything to it might put some alloys on it dont want to be running on cracked hub caps haha

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Great first car I would think. Would leave the modding a few years though, insurance will rape you once you tell them you have modified the car, expect you will be paying £1500 on a standard one . . .

I only paid £500 for my first year with mods on my 1.2 :cool:

for that money mate ul probaly get a nice Mk2 Ph1

S4 Avant
There are some sweet after market parts available.

These guys do awsome body kits

You can get lexus lights here, and you can get some nice wolfrace wheels from off ebay or somewhere.

Skoda Fabia vRS
if you can, get one without a sun roof, they just leak

check the heaters work on all settings, i.e. 1-4

check the gear gaitor is secure

check the 3rd brake light works

check the hazard switch works

check for play in anti roll bar outer bushes

if its a 1.2 16v make sure you drive it, and that the engine runs fine with no fault lights or strange running, quite a few common'ish things can go on em inc coil pack / leads, map sensor, engine loom, mayo under the cap is fairly normal if it only does short runs which a lot of clio's will, people dont buy em to go the length of the country in every week

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah I have been on there site before they do have good kits

Thanks for all the help guys

I think he was being sarcastic.

Don't bother with kits and the like. It will cost you thousands and I guarantee you will look back in 5 years and think 'Why the f**k did I spend all that money on that'. Keep it simple and clean, build up some NCB and a bit more cash and chop it in for something better in a few years.

Skoda Fabia vRS
as above, ive wasted an absolute f**k load of money on modding cars, now im older and have the Furby, i really wish i hadnt !

a tidy standard car, even if its a 1.2 can be appreciated by an enthusiast just like a tidy 172 etc

I wasnt going too print the mod list i was going to print out the things to check for and know what you mean i want to get a 197 cup eventually

Skoda Fabia vRS
lets just say crazy body kits etc are not well regarded on here, everyone seems to like clean well looked after pretty much standard cars

Skoda Fabia vRS
alloys and lowering seem to be allowed by the CS modding nazi's, as long as they are not tacky lol

personally the only mods id do to something like a 1.2 is lower it 35mm and keep it tidy

yeah i know what you mean but i like speaking on here with people who like the same things as me and all that modding isn't really for me anyway just chavs in crap corsas