ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please re. selling my 172

Citroen C4 Coupe
I am gutted but I gotta sell the 172 :( I really don't know how much to put it up for though, am hoping to get £5k but I think that's optimistic! So, its....

2003 (03) 172 FF, silver
55,500 miles
Almost full service history, one year missed last year. It's just had a full service, cambelt change and air con re-gassed.
MOT is til July 2009, tax til Oct 2008
It's completely standard and in perfect condition apart from the wheels need a proper good clean, they've got a little yellowish I dunno if that'll come off...

This isn't an ad, am just after what you guys think I should realistically put it up for please?...

TIA :)

It's an awful time to be selling at the min, as you probablt know the market is on it's arse.

Say 5k, but be prepared to take a bit above 4.5k on it.

Golf R soon...
Put it up for slightly higher than you expect then people can knock you down thinking they have done well when you really wanted that price all along ;)

i would of thought it was only worth about 4.5k max.

I dont think id get anymore than 5.5 for my 182

Citroen C4 Coupe
Thanks for your replies! Think I might put it up for £5k, but will be willing to take maybe a few hundred less. Just with the market being so crap at the minute, I don't wanna put it up for too much and create no interest! :S

Put ono on the price & put no canvassers too (it saves the idiots calling up saying they have buyers etc)

Audi TT
got my 53 plate 2004 for £4k with 44,000 miles and FSH. Couple minor scuffs but that was it.

Test drove another that was really nice and again FSH and some AA warranty left which was up at £3500. Was on an 02 plate.

cheers

G

Citroen C4 Coupe
Oooh nooo! That's not good!!

Thanks for your reply though! Think I need to try get it up sooner rather than later, but I don't wanna let go!!

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for your replies! Think I might put it up for £5k, but will be willing to take maybe a few hundred less. Just with the market being so crap at the minute, I don't wanna put it up for too much and create no interest! :S

Probably a good starting price

Stick it up for £5500 and reduce it if you get no interest. No harm trying . Depends on how quick you need to sell.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As above on the market being on its arse mate.

As for the wheels id say get them off and get the t-cut in about them, be sparing with it

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I just missed out on a Monaco blue 172 with 30k on the clocks FSH 2004 from a garage @ £4k.

I think some fucker off here got it - went day before yesterday I was due to go down and see it/buy it today - gutted!

Anyway, if it really is as mint as you say and you have time on your hands put it up for what you want and just see how it goes is really the best advice.

Everyone says its a bad time to sell but what are people thinking? Prices will never go back up sure there may be more demand and easier to shift but once they have come down they won't go back up.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Parkers says...

Franchised Dealer £5,460
Independent Dealer £5,205
Private Good £4,855
Private Poor £3,865
Part Exchange £4,400

Citroen C4 Coupe
Thanks everyone! Not in a real hurry to sell it tbh, just needs must and all that! Danny, cheers for the tip about the wheels, will give it a go!