ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice please on 17s

hi,sorry if this has been asked before but.....im wanting to buy 17s for my clio 172 but worried that they wil rub,catch etc.
does any1 know if they will go straight on without any problems,thanks fee x

merry xmas everyone :star:

106 Rallye
I put 17"s on my 1.2 (standard ride height) and had no problems at all. Hope that helps! They're for sale if you're interested ;)

Subaru WRX/BMWe30 Touring
I had 17's on my 172, went on no problem and didn't rub either.

Funnily enough they are for sale too in the car parts for sale section

V6
as said above if u get rite offset / pcd ur be fine. ive got my car lowerd 60mm on 17s no problems atall thats on non sport model thou.:)

silver cup packed FF 182
my mate has a 172 sport and has just put a set of 17s on lowered 60mm all round,he did have problems with rear tyres catching the rear inner arch so he took them out,he's sorted that now and everything else is fine!

R26
i had 17s on my old 172 they were fine on standard hight then i lowered it 60mm and they rubbed slightly front and rear so raised 10mm then all was fine

They'll go on fine as long as you have the right offset you can lower without any/major rubbing. But to be honest i'd stick with 16s the car drives much better on them.