ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please Guys?

Civic Type R
Hi Guys

Currently have a BG 182, and there are a few swirl marks and light scratches. What are the best products / Techniques to use to reduce these by hand? I have heard Black hole is quite good, but not sure what other products to use in the process?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Wayne

172 RS Ph1
Wayne, black hole and red moose glaze are products with fillers. they wont reduce the scratches, they just try to hide them a little. SRP from Autoglym is a decent product as for very,very light polishing but also mostly fillers.

If you want to actually remove the swirls and make the paint condition better, you can use polishes from Menzerna or Poorboys (or diff. brands) combined with a orange and light green (or white) hand polishing pad from Lake Country. It'l take some ellbow grease though, and you have to protect with a wax afterwards (use of a glaze is optional, depending if you want to get into detailing or not.)

Good luck,

Martijn

Not a 320d
By hand, Black Hole. As its full of fillers (thats not a bad thing!) and easy to use. Great results, it hides them a lot.

Top it off with a wax of your choice, a personal favorite is Vics Red with it punching way above its price, but it depends on your budget. MF applicator and a few MF cloths for the Black hole, and a foam applicator and MF cloths for the wax.

If its not been done recently then clay the car using shampoo and water as lube before applying blackhole, then wax. But it depends on budget.

Reduce or remove? Reduction would be covering/filling them, removal would be polishing them out.

Civic Type R
ThAnks for all the info guys, just looking at reducing them for the moment . I am looking for something pretty easy to use by hand, I normally use srp then egp, but was wondering if there is anything better I could use. I quite like spending time cleaning the car, but don't want to make
Anything worse by using the wrong products/ techniques .

Cheers guys really appreciate your advice

Wayne :)

Oh herrro!

Oh no! Hans Blix!

ThAnks for all the info guys, just looking at reducing them for the moment . I am looking for something pretty easy to use by hand, I normally use srp then egp, but was wondering if there is anything better I could use. I quite like spending time cleaning the car, but don't want to make
Anything worse by using the wrong products/ techniques .

Cheers guys really appreciate your advice

Wayne, SRP is a filler/polish, so you will already being filling some swirls. The BlackHole product will give an increase to the amount of swirls that are filled, so could add to the desired effect.

As it is a glaze, it goes as follows;

Wash, clay, wash, dry, polish (SRP), glaze (Blackhole), seal/wax (your EGP).

SRP coupled with Blackhole might be overkill to some, as they are both filler products. But working with the products you have, I would suggest this is the best course of action for you.

Civic Type R
LOL!!

Cheers for your help , Are there any products I could purchase that would be better the the SRP and EGP? The EGP doesn't seem to last very long? Never Clayed a car before, is it as simple as it sounds, and which clay kit do you recommend. To be honest I am looking at replacing everything with better products, would this be worthwhile or are the SRP / EGP going to give the best results by hand?

Not a 320d
You two need to stop meeting like this. Utter fags. Have a little consideration for other people and confine your deviant antics to the bedroom.

Claying is easy, Gally can do it. Sonus Green (or grey as it now is) would be fine, buy a block and use water and shampoo as lube. Cut it into 3rds. Personally id go with blackhole, I never really liked SRP on black compared to other glazes. Apply your sealant over it. Or wax. There are lots of great sealants out there besides EGP which isnt the best in the world.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd fill you - does that make me ghey?
Oh my! :eek:
You two need to stop meeting like this. Utter fags. Have a little consideration for other people and confine your deviant antics to the bedroom.

Claying is easy, Gally can do it. Sonus Green (or grey as it now is) would be fine, buy a block and use water and shampoo as lube. Cut it into 3rds. Personally id go with blackhole, I never really liked SRP on black compared to other glazes. Apply your sealant over it. Or wax. There are lots of great sealants out there besides EGP which isnt the best in the world.
Pmsl! I'd glaze you under the table sweetheart.

I've not read any of your write ups! They must be epic! :eek:

Oh my! :eek:

Pmsl! I'd glaze you under the table sweetheart.

I've not read any of your write ups! They must be epic! :eek:

Oh?