ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice people...on 18s

Hey people,

I would like your advice. Ive got a 1.2 16v expression plus in pacfic blue. Since Ive had it Ive put a system in it (Sony MP3, Vibe amp, Vibe sub), put a cobra alarm on it, 17" Kosei Snipers and dropped it 35mm. The car looks nice, sporty, but not boy racer.

I live in Bristol, my clio was the best one Ive seen around, BUT the other day this kid who lives by my cousin has now got 18"s on his and mine isnt looking so HOT anymore! My wheels are nicer than his, BUT his are bigger, so he wins ! :(

So over the past week, Ive been thinking about referbishing my wheels (some curbed) and selling them for about £500, maybe put them on ebay. And then getting some 18"s. Do you think I should do that or stick with my 17"s...

Help please!

Thanks

N8

Cheers Ben, I want peoples adivce, thankyou! Ill send you a picture later on when I get home, but I dont drive fast, I cruise slow !!

well not being funny but 1.2 aint fast anyone so its not like your goin be racing anyone lol!

i would go for looks wise (as i have done on mine) and slap some 18s on there least you will be a bit different!

vix :)

Its been proven by Fred if you spend the money on the right mods the 1.2 can keep up with 172s!

Still, if you like the rollerskate look Andy02 has 18s with a 60mm drop so you should be fine presuming you get the right ET..

-Rob

yeah but if you dont and are as slow as a snail like yours ;) hehe

then 18s look wicked on a big drop otherwise they can look too high

each to there own rob!!

;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 23 October 2003

Its been proven by Fred if you spend the money on the right mods the 1.2 can keep up with 172s!
That should read "fred wasted a cup in his 1.2" :D

18s??!?!

f**k that! go 19s :D u aint got much speed to lose anyways!

& ive got 60mm drop on 17s and can still have 4 pplz in the car with a full ice install and no rubbage WHATSOEVER so 19s on a 35mm drop with the right offset is easy to achieve!!! then u will definetly be the tightest clio around! u might not be able to take pplz in the back but f**k it!!!!

just about possible, IIRC R-Tec fitted a set of 19s to a 172 which required no mods, but was also on standard suspension, i think the arches may need to be fettled with slightly on a 1.2

but why the competition???

if it looks good on 17s leave it that way, see what else you can do to make it look different and special, because i guarantee hell do something bigger and better that will cost you far too much money

there really is a big Max Pooer contingent appearing nowadays (is it true the clio is the new saxo????)

eh? Hows that then?

ps How do you quote someone in a message??

Lionel Richie

Yes i did absoultly sh*t all over Yozza in his cup!!!

Funnily enough though, no one with a 172/cup believes this!!! (wonder why?)

Roamer, bloke with throttle bodies on his 172 mk2 212bhp and yozza were following me in Yozzas cup, he was trying his hardest but i left him by quite a long way through the twisties!!!!!

1.2 1 Vs CUP 0!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 24 October 2003

eh? Hows that then?

ps How do you quote someone in a message??
Like that! Just hit the quote button on the post you want to quote.....

N8 ANDY02 here. look 18s on your 1.2 is fine and yes the others are right is wont be fast but at the end of the day it wasnt that fast to start with. mine is also a 1.2 but will still do 110mph flat out who needs more speed. if i wanted speed i would have bought a 172.

18s do look the nuts but agreed you do have to drop it at least 30-60mm just to finish it off.

if you want to go that one step further go for 19s they will also go sraight on .i had a set of 19s fitted no probs but i only went for the 18s cos of the money factor and that was with a 30mm drop.

Yeah Ive got 18s on my 1.2 Dynamique, looks pretty awesome and doesnt rub at all.

Andy02 - does ur car rub wiv a 60mm drop? Yet 2 have mine lowered, iv got 7x18 Dare V2s. Would i need any mods 2 arch lips if it was lowered 60mm?

Fook! 19s on a 172:eek:. Would dey fit on a 1.2 Dynamique???

Phil

Ok B B your wheels look the DOGS!!!

How does it handle. Was thinking bout 17s on my 172 mk2 after ive finished cooking the orginal contis

but now ive seen you wheels..... yumm. My guess it that it drives like......:sick:

Titanium 182

that on 19s looks mint

just a shame when u see the whole car looks like a tractor but still sweet

19s!! nice! Thought about that before I got my 17s but the pennys for the wheels and then replacement tyres = OUCH!

Im intrigued I know my 1.2 handles bloody well lowered 60mm especially on the twisties but beating a cup??!

Either

a) the cups are crap - and I dont believe this for a second,

b) the cup driver was asleep

or and probably the most likely

c)Fred is a superstar with the lowest clio in the world and can beat cups with more than twice the power

Opinions??!!!

well i know, the fact there is no flex in freds cars chassis, means the car sits squat on the floor and just glides round corners, the cup has to go round the corners slower due to the unstability

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Cup drivers always saying how well their cars handle, but get wasted by a 1.2 on coilovers! How about a Willy on coilovers? Need to find a barge like 172 to race...:D

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 28 October 2003

c)Fred is a superstar with the lowest clio in the world and can beat cups with more than twice the power
I thankyou!!!

Autographs available via PM

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hes a fecking fraud!!

he hacksawed his springs and wrote coilovers in biro on his shocks

phill answer to your Q is they dont rub at all . they went straight on ,that with it lowered 60mm on the front and with the amount of wait in the back its gone down about 70mm. you can also carry 5 with no rubs just a vhard ride