ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on paint corection

White ds3
right i had a kestrel das-6 for xmas and was looking for sum tips/break down the stages.

iv got the just of it but want sum from people that have used them. as dw is full of mixed opinions

thanx dan

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Not used one of those, but my advice from a Rotory user;

Slow and steady wins the race.
Yeh man. When I first got my rotory coming from a DA I screwed up a lot. You just need to take your.

With regards to stages im not sure what you mean? I am guessing you have read daves guide on DW?

The stages/combos etc will be different on every car you used. Depends on how bad the defects etc are. Just use a bit of common sense mate :)

White ds3
but when you say f**k up how do you fuk up and if you do how do you corect that mistake?

i meant do you just use 1 type of cuting polish then sealants ect?

TTRS & V50
Quick tip, if your worried about the paint getting too hot, use your back of your hand on said area, and if it burns your hand, your working it too much.

Correct a mistake = re-spray.

As for cutting compounds, start with the finest compound and if no correction is being done, then step up to a harsher compound.

Try and start with a finer compound on each panel, because some react different, and as you haven't a PGE reader, then you have no clue about the depth of paint.

Once a correction has been achieved then thats where you seal.

DCi 100
My advice, not from experience or anything.

But go down to a scrap yard and get a bonnet in decent condition, wash it off and practice on that if you haven't got someone experienced to show you.

f**king up wise,

Old shed's bonnet > Your Racing Blue 182.

:)

Was also thinking of treating myself to one of these Kestrel DAS-6 but am unsure as to which polishes and pads i should also get to suit my 197.

The paintwork is in really good condition anyway so it doesn't really need that much in the way of correction.

Was thinking Sonus pads and Menz PO106FA and/or PO85RD polish??

Any recommendations would be helpful??

C

clvs2222

very easy to put marks into the top coat, using the wrong technique and pad/polish combo will be asking for trouble.

Megane R26
Paint Thickness Gauge

Which kit did you buy again? As said on DW, RB is a pig, so even if you only have light swirling, you will still need something with a bit of cut to get anywhere.

I'd start with 203S on a polishing pad and see how you get on from there.