ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on my suspension geometry

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
This is how my car is set up now. Was just wondering what its ment to be?

It does Seems very understeery and the backend is just planted and wont move lol.

Left front
Camber -0.56'
Caster 2.21'
toe -0.07'

Right front
Camber -0.11'
Caster 1.54'
Toe -0.06'

left Rear
Camber -0.47'
Toe 0.23'

Right Rear
Camber -1.01'
Toe 0.31'

Are there any places within 2hrs drive of Cardiff area that could sort this out for me.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I'm also interested in recommended settings as I have just fitted some of the Raceland Coilovers and will be looking to getting them properly set up once they have settled.

Lionel Richie
its hard to say as its a personal thing

i'd suggest loking at the ride heights first

then dial in a bit more camber

then toe, i prefer slight toe in, others like toe out

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Well I want something with good turn in and a tarmac rally car feel where you can shift the back end about.

What would be a good ride hight, toe, camber set up?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Freetrack&Monaco 172
4440483553_0c74c5df8f_b.jpg

With mine I tend to drive on smaller B roads all week to and from work, where the road quality is generally uneven and poor. I do not intend to lower the car any more as it needs to be practical to drive. I have noticed the slight (not known to be accurate in my case) camber I set it up with (without measuring gear it is about 0.75-1 degree) leads/makes the car follow car into camber and bumps of the road more than it did before. I'm looking for a more stable setup if possible with possibly less following of the road.

Please bear in mind this photo was taken the day after fitting new coil-overs so some settling will kick in over the next few weeks (and yes the gradient I was parked on prob doesn't help but I don't believe it has shifted the suspension comparable to when on the flat).

Any advice would be gratefully received. I hope to go to a few local tyre places/performance houses for advice and it will be interesting what each advises.

AFAIK I have a average understanding of things like how toe and camber settings give either good stability at speed (toe in), good turn in and handling (toe out) or a compromise between the two. I believe wheel camber gives a better 'footing' of the car when the weight shifts during cornering so the geometry of the suspension aids the outside wheel therefore it has better grip etc. Please correct me if I am totally wrong though.

I have found quite a few sites that explain all the various variables available when describing setups to widen my understanding (http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/suspension-settings.php is a good read IMO).

I assume on Renault Sport Clios there is no option for Caster settings or will I ever need to take this into account?

The camber bolts supplied with my coilovers apparently give me up to 3 degrees of negitive adjustment. I'm making the assumption this is 0-2 degrees?

Sorry for all the questions......

Regards,
Rob