ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on detailing products

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
right guys i have been looking into detailing for a while now and want to get into it a bit more and have a really clean looking car.

basically i want to know what products i should use to get rid or the light swirl marks

then polish it up really nicely, followed by a good sealent to keep it looking nice.

cheers for any help - also where i can get these online possibly at a good price.

106 GTi
What colour is your car? Will you be working by hand or machine?

If so Scratch X is the best formulated products for removing swirls by hand, that said to do a whole car with i takes elbow grease and some hard work.

If using a machine they is a wide array of polishes to look at.

As for the sealants and waxes, I base mine on what colour the car is.

A good start is -

Wash - with a good shampoo and wash mitt.

Clay - Meguiars Quick Clay

Swirl Remove - Meguiars Scratch X

A good all rounder on most colours is Autoglym Super Resin, AG Extra Gloss Sealant topped with a good wax such as P21s.

This can change though dependng on the colour of your car.

Alex at http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

has a great range and does CS disount if your thinking of joining up.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi mate - the car is black and i do have a halford buffer but no decent pads for it.

hope you could give me a bit more of a pointer from there.

cheers.

RB 182
Are you buying from the internet or you just want it from your local Halfords?

I think I'd rather do it by hand than by a Halfords buffer.

106 GTi
As Ben says the Halfords buffer wont touch any swirl marks, you will be best of with Scratch X by hand.