ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on cv boot and rear shock

b/g 182, meg tourer
had my wheels off today and noticed the cv boot had a fair bit of grease around it. looks like its leaked out. the cv boot has not split but the ring on the large end has come away from the rubber part. what should i do?

also while i had it jacked up the rear shock looked a little suspect. it seemed to have grease on it. it was on the lower plastic bit that goes inside the upper plastic bit. lol. crap description. i can get pics up tomorrow if needed. any advice on what to do with that also? does it need replacing?

cheers

Recaro'd 182
stainless tie wrap for cv joint or jubilee clip and moly grease. you can get the grease from halfords.

b/g 182, meg tourer
stainless tie wrap for cv joint or jubilee clip and moly grease. you can get the grease from halfords.

cheers :)
yeah, a year or so ago, a garage did a fix on the other side cv boot, they packed it with grease and put a large jubilee clip around it. will this be ok?

any idea on the rear shock? one side was bone dry, the other side had a fine coating of grease on it.

Recaro'd 182
does it look lower than the other side. get someone to sit in at the back and jump up and down see what the rebound is like.
but it is recommended to repalce in pairs for shocks.

b/g 182, meg tourer
does it look lower than the other side. get someone to sit in at the back and jump up and down see what the rebound is like.
but it is recommended to repalce in pairs for shocks.

yeah i would replace both if one was dead. cheers, i will get someont to get in the back and jump up and down. i will get the car on level ground tomorrow and see if both sides sit at the same height etc.

does anyone have ideas on prices for rear shocks?
thanks again for the help mark

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
got some 100MM jubilee clips from local motor factors so hoping these will hold out this time!

b/g 182, meg tourer
done a bit of a search. are rear shocks about £45 each? from renault? or should i go elsewhere?

b/g 182, meg tourer
took the car to my friend at jabbasport today, after a quick look at the rear shock he said its seal has broken, fair bit of grease about. he is also going to sort out the cv boot too while its there :)

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Fitted jubilee clip as the standard metal clip had weakened and released a stack of grease! Used a 100mm one and worked a treat!