ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on "crash"

first off I'm not sure on which section to put this is so mods please move if wrong!

Just got back for my older mother to tell me that she rolled into someone today. Both in traffic, waiting, she apparently (i wasn't there) day dreamed off and rolled into the car in front. Approx 4inch gap or something even smaller. I repeat. Rolled into the car in front not drove. There's not a mark on her car. But apparently the dude she hit was milking it, "newish Toyota. One of those big things!" In her words. He was whining saying the whole bumper needs to come off and been resprayed, costing £££ yet according to her she couldn't even see anything?
She didn't give Her name but her phone number for him to call later. Got her reg details etc.

Guy sounds like an intimidating knob. For her to roll into it from such a tiny distance?

Where does she stand? Was in a back street with no cameras around with no witnesses either. Not the right thing to do I know! but if he's trying to milk £££'s for a whole bumper respray? then what? Can she deny it?

(Obviously if it was a serious incident and the guys bumper was destroyed or seriously/mildly damaged then of course, her fault leave em to what they need to do. But if theres nothing there according to her? She's just shook up and stressing a bit)

Cheers!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
leave it to the insurance company's... He can't push for a full respray or anything.. The car will be looked over, priced and repaired...

Don't lose sleep over it... No ones hurt so let them deal with it, that's why you pay them...

clio v6
yeh tell her not to worry and not say a word again to this muppet.Let the insurance sort.he wont get nothing out of it .if anything both will be told to walk away and stop wasting time.Oh and if it was my mother i would give it 6 months then kindly fix his car for him personally.🔨

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
She will get taken to the cleaners..

happened to me ages ago. Guy claimed whiplash and loss of earnings for 6 months ..Admiral paid him £12,600. Im all up for accountability when in the wrong but this just took the biscuit. I tried to tell admiral they were fraudulently claiming money and that I would like to use my legal protection cover to fight it.

They had none of it and happily gave him the money.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
yeh tell her not to worry and not say a word again to this muppet.Let the insurance sort.he wont get nothing out of it .if anything both will be told to walk away and stop wasting time.Oh and if it was my mother i would give it 6 months then kindly fix his car for him personally.🔨

What a helmet.

You'd hit someone's car with a hammer because he wanted it repaired after someone crashed into him?!

Your mum crashed into him, whether it's 4inches of roll or 30mph she still crashed into someone's brand new car. Most women could back the f**k into a tree and not notice any damage.

Let the insurance company deal with it if you think he's taking the piss.

Lesson here is pay f**king attention when driving a car then you won't get into these situations.

Insurance companies are also massively cracking down on fraudulant whiplash claims so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

GTD, Lupo
Did she take any pictures? Worst case scenario he could damage the bumper which could result in it needing a respray I guess.

At the end of the day your mum did hit his car. It wasn't the chaps fault. I was recently "rolled" into at tesco and what looked very insignificant ended up costing £500 and a weeks worth of hire car bills. There is always two sides to every story.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately, the chance that the third party is going to do everything possible to get every penny out of you, is one you take when you crash into them.

If she really has caused no damage then it'll come up as such on the damage report that the insurer will want. However, I strongly suspect that she was looking for damage on the other car with the same attentiveness that allowed her to roll into said car.

I had a moped skid into the back of HOU a while back. It was only a light tap and once the rubber mark from his tyre was wiped off there was no real damage there so far as I could see, but I could have easily taken a bike tyre, thwacked the bumper with it and got a new bumper all sprayed up without the exhaust damage I have currently. I didn't, because I'm not a c**t, but your mother didn't know that when she rolled into the other car.

There's nothing she can do really other than chalk it up to experience and pay a bit more attention next time.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
If the incident was at 7 mph or under and the other party decides to claim injury, let her insurers know you don't believe the impact was severe enough to cause any injury. Hopefully they will then handle the claim as an LSI (low speed impact) and appoint a suitable engineer to inspect both vehicles, I've handled stacks of claims like this in the past where the engineers report disproves injury claims on the basis of the damage.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Leave it to the insurer.

@bearne1 I've never seen that; is it more of a "leave it yeah" when you think people are trying their luck. An engineer can't tell how fast a car was hit, these guys are trained in the repair industry, not crash analysis. He can only offer an opinion and never give an accurate figure.