ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on 10 Subs anyone please

TT 225

I only have £250 for the pair - so looking for some good quality subs that will play my funky house music perfectly! LOL

Seriously tho - at the moment im running one of those Kicker 15" square solo-barics - and although its fookin loud - im not getting the tightness (as expected) of the bass or anything - and its doing my head in.

So im lookin for 2 10s to replace it :), on a budget of £250

Any advice? Thankyou [:)]

silver valver/hybrid

could look at bass-junkies.com, how about spending the money on one decent sub, and getting a decent amp, ive heard quality single subs, pounding out serious bass, more than two or three average subs.

Hi Kelly

It depends on what amp you have got. Does it run down to 1ohm stable? If not then you would need to go for 2x single coil subs or 1x 10" or 12" dvc 4ohm subs.

Have you looked at Audiobahn. We are doing large discounts on their products for RSC members...very nice stuff. If you have a 1ohm stable amp then i have a special one to recommend. The Resonant Engineering SE10 or SE12 for £175 or £200 respectively. These subs will blow away anything under £300 for both SPL and SQ. For more details give me a call on 07780 976769 or visit http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

TT 225

Kelly

That sub would be a superb choice for the amp you have. Its single voicecoil so you will get the full power out of your amp and this sub will definately take it..and more.

I have heard one of these subs before and even though it has great SQ, you can also get it to kick with the best of them due to its 18mm X-max. Loads of competitors in the UK and the US use Crystal subs which is a good sign of quality.

A quick mention about Focal. I cant fault their components and speakers for SQ but their subs arent for everybodys tastes. They seem to lack that "being there" feel and dont really tend to give as much bass as they should.

Its your choice but i think you will be much happier with the Crystal.

Thanks

Russ

Dont know about anything but my own - I run a single 10" boxed sub - a JL 10W0 and its tight as a drum, goes low enough for me but very crisp and punchy, nice solid sound.

JLs are nice subs but im fairly certain that the W0 series wont take anywhere near 730watts RMS for daily driving...probably not even for SPL burps.

The Crystal subs have a larger motor structure and use higher quality components than most of the SQ subs out there, and they are good value for money...thats the reason we sell them.

Russ

We can do a box to the exact requirements of that particular sub for optimum sound quality for a total package price of £215 or £235 delivered. The box can either be ported or left sealed depending on what you would prefer.

If you would like one, please call 07780 976769

Russ

TT 225

Russ - i got paid today so looking to buy this sub asap. What is the difference in the Crystal CMP 10 and the Comp 12? (except one is a 10" and the other is 12")

Spoke to SQ Plus (expensive but I know Phil Leach) who said I would be better off with a single 12 than a ten cos he knows my style of music etc. and since theres only £10 difference I thought id ask :)

Ok, no problem. a 12" is a good allrounder and im definately not going to argue with SQ plus. The CMP and Comp ranges are the same thing. Crystal do the CMP in a 10, 12 and 15 and then they move up to the CMPX2 subs which are a lot more powerful and more cash.

Let me know when you want to go ahead with it and ill order the sub for you. Give me a call on 07780 976769.

Thanks

Russ