ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Hello

Guys i need your help.

I have just got a JL 500/1 AMP and dont quite know what to run off it !!

I already have a JL 12w3 and was gonna get another one and leave it at that. However i have found a deal on a Brand new 12"JL W6 VERSION for £350.00.

Or i was considering two of them sexy looking Polk 12" subs that Colins place is doing cheap.

If i get the Polks or the JLW6 V2 I would sell the JLW3 that I have.

What do you ICE head reckon ????????????? Coz i really am spoilt for choice.

Opinions please.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Mikey

no mate aint forgot just gonna arrange with ged to pick that of ya !! That ones for my misses car !!

Can you pm me your address please.

Thanks

easy, first things first you cant just add annother sub to an existing one as it will sound rubbish ( beacuse they wear in a different rates, you may even blow the new one bcause it cant take the same ammount of power as the one thats already run in), have heard a bmw running just one new W6 and it sounded really impressive (also running off a jl500/1) if you can stretch to it then get a 12" w7 as these sound nutty, must say I havent got any experiance with polk but have heard quite good things in respect to quality. although the warrentys on JLs are worthless (return to america policy) they probably make the best subs on the market at the moment.

hope this helps

Luke

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Luke

Thanks for your advice mate !!

I did have enough sense not to run the new sub on equal power, i was gonna just run the new one until it had broken in, then add the old one back into the chain. Thats if i got another w3 !!

I think in all honesty i will go with the w6 v2 !! Due to not having the funds to stretch to a 1000/1 amp that a W7 would need !!

Just liked the look of the polks and have heard lots of good things about them !! And wanted some feed back on before i made my discion.

Cheers mate !!

leigh,

the 12w3 will be a perfect partner for your other w3, thats using the whole 500 rms,

the w6 is a nice sub and will like the 500/1 power alot, you could only run a w7 10" of the amp, but your talking twice the price of the w6, the 12" will not have enough power to get value for money,

its up to you mate any of the above combinations will sound fantastic,

its always good to have a nice pair

Tom

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Yer my discion has been made !!

Im going with the w6 v2 !! It would be nice to have a pair but funds dont allow at the moment !! So im gonna run with one at the moment and see how that goes.

It also makes sense to keep the weight down !!

The 500/1 will run the 12" w6 v2 just fine. So thats what im gonna do !!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

oH BOB

Dont worry mate im sure i can find a nice techy question for you to get your teeth into !!