ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed ...

clio 172 ph 2
I've been in the process of changing clutch and gearbox as the diff went. That side of things has all gone well and works fine but I can't seem to bleed the water system for the life in me. The heaters are wArm and temp gauge rises to around half , fan kicks in etc. top rad hose gets hot but radiator and collar in expansion is stone cold. Not driven the car like this just revved or idles on the drive. Am I missing something obvious. I tried bleeding it from the 10 mm bolt on the side of the thermostat housing but while ye engine was warm. All help and advice appreciated .

Thanks
Sam

renault clio 1.4 16v
might still be a air lock somewhere, when the fan kicks in can you see coolant flowing back into the expansion tank through the small hose going to the top of the tank?

When I changed my coolant everything seemed fine with revving on drives and I let quite a lot of coolant through the thermostat bleed screw hole so was fairly confident all was well. Then I drove the car whilst keeping a very keen eye on the temp gauge. I went about 150 metres which included a very short inclined section then stopped to check the fluid and it was definitely lower so I walked back got some more fluid and topped it up. Not 'ideal' but it's been fine ever since.

I can only assume there was an air pocket somewhere that moved when the engine was actually moving around a bit.

clio 172 ph 2
Yeah managed to sort it by taking it for a short drive down the road and back. Wouldn't have it otherwise. Thanks for the reply though