ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed

Mondeo ST220
I'm new to all this cleaning business, I give my car a wash but not in any detail, however i've just bought a lovely new black car and want to do it properly.

I have no idea what I need to get tbh. Basically looking for a package with everything i'm going to need. Entry level of course.

Just been looking at this but I don't even know if its got what I need in lol.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/sonus-perfect-shine-kit/prod_365.html

Chocolate Bar™
another option would be 2 x buckets, good quality wash mitt, shampoo, drying towel. then it depends whether you want to go for clay, polishes and waxes.

id be tempted to pay someone to PC polish it properly and then for yourself to tackle the maintenance through good wash technique and a combination of waxing and something like dodo juice lime prime.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
another option would be 2 x buckets, good quality wash mitt, shampoo, drying towel. then it depends whether you want to go for clay, polishes and waxes.

id be tempted to pay someone to PC polish it properly and then for yourself to tackle the maintenance through good wash technique and a combination of waxing and something like dodo juice lime prime.

Agree with mark. But to be frank tho, if your going to spend 150-200£ or so on a PC'in session you really need to have the right gear to maintain the look. Plus at this time of yr you could end up undoing alot of the professionals work.

My advice would be...If your not big into detailing, A throught clean, sealant (Mseal) and a hard wax, (#16, collonite or some of the new dodo stuff) Then address this question in march/april time.

ALi

106 GTi
Good looking kit, though in some Buckets, Decent Wash Mitts and good drying towel and you will be well equipped - as long as as others have said that the paint is in good condition.