ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed plz

clio 200
im putting it in this section because i think it might be suspension related

today avoiding a million yr old woman in a honda cr-v who nearly hit me in the snow, i hit a kerb doing about 15mph. first front wheel then back better that than going through the fence i suppose :(

had a look no punctures, just a kerbed front wheel. when i started driving again steering wheel was just slightly off centre towards the side that hit, not pulling though and a whirring noise (like a bearing or something) coming from the corner that had the worst impact the front pasenger side wheel.

car is going into renault to get fixed just wondering if any1 has any idea of the damage that might have been caused? i was thinkin ive bent something, wishbone or something like that or could it be not as serious? as it wasnt a massive impactn just had no steering or brakes as i had to go off the driven on bit of road to avoid the old woman. any help appreciated

Titanium 182
Argh, nightmare on a new car !!

Did you get her reg ? are you allowed to claim off someone if they caused you to have an accident if you have witness's ?

clio 200
didnt get her reg she just carried on i presume causing a massive accident somewhere, im gutted

renault reckon ive either knocked the bearing off centre and the tracking out or bent the botom arm which i dont imagine will be cheap :(

clio 200
renault done a trackin on my car and everything seemed ok, steering wheel straight and rumbling/whirring noise gone.

after doing about 50 miles or so the noise came back im sure its wheel bearing noise as its only when i put load on the front left wheel. spoke to renault they said its not a wheel bearing its a hub carrier or a hub

am i being ripped off? as they looked at it and said there was no damage 1st time round ?