ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed people!?!

Megane 175 & BG182
So background,

Ive had 15 cars since I passed my test at the age of 17 (now 23), these vary from MK1 VW Golfs, MK4 Golfs, 306 GTi 6, Audi A4 etc etc.
Had a 172 2 years ago and tbh hated it, it wasn't in the best condition and I picked it up cheap. Ive now had my 182 for 6/7 months and I love it,
its a Liquid Yellow and ive spent lots of money maintaining and adding good quality upgrades to it... BUT!

I have done a few track days in the past and now insurance is lower and I have my own place id like to start doing more, I am doing a session or two in a couple
of weeks at Castle Combe in my 182 which with the upgrades (whiteline, polybushed, spacers, camber etc) handles and drives really well.

My dilemma is, keep the 182 and use it as my daily and for track use or sell the 182 buy a cheaper 172 cup and a daily (maybe a DCi sport rep)

Advice please?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Personally I couldnt bring myself to track a LY and insurance for just a track car to and from seems a waste.. Id buy a trophy :)

Megane 175 & BG182
I am worried about writing off a LY, insurance isn't a problem, £300 for a year and id drive it most weekends too id imagine! Just would like a car I can go full on track attack at, stripped etc, don't want to do that too the LY :(

Megane 175 & BG182
It would still mean 2 cars tho and I cant afford two lots of £300 a year tax plus insurance. I don't have a trailer etc so would want to drive to/from track!

Megane 175 & BG182
Yes 2 cars is ok, but not 2 cars both costing/worth £3/4k. I could use it occasionally on track and I intend to this year, I just would like to make it a little more track focussed, but driving around places, to and from work in fixed buckets doesn't really appeal to me.

Suzuki Jimny
They really don't need anything changed to use on track. Loads of people on here strip the interior, buy cheap Coilovers to use once for a 15 minute session then hate the car for daily use and sell it.