ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice half way through polish lol

Monaco 172 2/468
I got half way through my polishing etc before it got too dark :dapprove:

I applied and buffed off AG SRP, and i've parked it on the drive under the carport tonight...

Question is, i'm going to get up and use the AG EGP ( I think, the gloss\sealant one ) on it tomorrow. WIll it be ready to just crack on, or will I have to re-wash\quick detail before I do this ??

I also need to reclay a couple of sections, can I do this at this stage and just carry on with the EGP or not ?

Any help is appreciated, as i'm a bit unsure what to do :S

......... RICH !!!!!

106 GTi
If its under the carport, I would QD the whole car in the morning. Clay the areas you need to re-do, re apply supwr resin to those areas that you have clayed and then crack on with the EGP.

Monaco 172 2/468
Cheers guys.... looks like i'm almost out of QD :( would it be ok to wash again, or would that mean SRP the whole car again ? :eek:

RB 182
I think the reason Rich says to use the QD is because it's quicker (there shouldn't be much on from the wash yesterday) than the full wash but if you've run out of QD then just wash.

Monaco 172 2/468
Ok guys, I went for the washing option to be safe. I annoyingly ended up with that residue (really light brown) on bits of the car after drying..... is this my bad technique, or possibly just a dirty drying towel ?? Anyway I wet and dried again and was ok then

Gave it the EGS, left on 60 mins and removed.

Then gave it some P21S, which was actually quite enjoyable.... especially as I was doing it in the lightening (under the carport lol)

As it got late, and scary :eek: i've left the other bits till today, I need to finish off waxing my wheels, and do the glass \rubber etc

I fancy putting another coat of wax on tonight, can I just do this, or would I need to QD\Wash... again !! lol

Cheers :cool:

106 GTi
Ibanezman said:
I fancy putting another coat of wax on tonight, can I just do this, or would I need to QD\Wash... again !! lol

Have you driven the car? I would always QD it at least.