ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advent Training. Anyone had dealings?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Thinking of signing up to an Advent training program for MCSA.

Thought it was a bit steep at £4450, but they're an agency aswell, and quote

"Can find you work within 6 months of starting"

Me being me, feel a bit doubtful, but then MCSA is MCSA.. I know there's plenty of work there.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Sounds like bullshit to me, I'd ask whether you got your money back if you didn't get offered job within 6 months, see how gooed their quote is then! ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sounds like bulls**t to me, I'd ask whether you got your money back if you didn't get offered job within 6 months, see how gooed their quote is then! ;)

Don't get me wrong, they don't quote mega money, they say you could get £18k as a technition after finishing your first set of exams (usually done in 6 months).

I'm just questioning whether doing it alone would be more worthwhile (cheaper but without support).

clio 1.4 sport
correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the mcsa is alot more cheaper than that. I was looking into doing it a while ago and i think courses were around a grand.

172 cup'd extreme
Buy the books yourself and if you need help its all available on the net, You can then register and do the exams yourself at a prometric testing center, i think it works out about £400 doing it yourself. Its all on microsofts website.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Right but help on the internet is comparable to their phone/email help..

But then they have 14 workshop classes..

I have heard a lot of people tell me it's cheaper to do it yourself (isn't it always?)

Not sure I'd learn as well on my own.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd recommend learning in a structured environment. It takes a unique sort of person that can maintain that sort of discipline over a long period of time and teach themself something like this.

All depends if you have the funds, if it's the best part of 5k, that's a lot of cash to start on a pretty average wage afterwards.

F1 - R26
Thinking of signing up to an Advent training program for MCSA.

Thought it was a bit steep at £4450, but they're an agency aswell, and quote

"Can find you work within 6 months of starting"

Me being me, feel a bit doubtful, but then MCSA is MCSA.. I know there's plenty of work there.

£4450 for an MCSA, they are taking the p**S, you would be better off with the MCSE but as with anything it's real world experence that counts over paper.........