ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADSL wireless router

BMW 118d
Just about to move into my first house with my girlfriend. At home (parents) we have a wireless network using Netgear stuff. Ordered broadband for new house, and would like wireless there. Recommend me a wireless adsl router please!!

Ta

Leon Cupra R 225
Just about to move into my first house with my girlfriend. At home (parents) we have a wireless network using Netgear stuff. Ordered broadband for new house, and would like wireless there. Recommend me a wireless adsl router please!!

Ta

which ISP you going with? bt, orange etc etc?

you might be getting one sent to as part of your broadband package

if not then this is a very very good easy to use router

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000TZ8Z8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

BMW 118d
Kingston Communications. We get a wired router but not a wireless one - we both have laptops so wireless is better for us.

Leon Cupra R 225
Kingston Communications. We get a wired router but not a wireless one - we both have laptops so wireless is better for us.

ah ok. best thing is to go for a Netgear one such as the one I've recommended, I think it's their most popular router they've ever made. I've got one as backup at my house, so easy to work with and very reliable

Have to install it using the ethernet cable which is provided, so will need connecting once to the laptop, but then once installed with the wireless activated, you can take the ethernet lead out connect wirelessly to your laptop once you've setup wireless security(WPA passkey etc etc)

Better than yours. C*nt.
I like the DG834G Netgear - extremely reliable and very easy to set up.

Just noticed - what he said ^^

Revels Mum & Sister
DG834G is a decent router. Great for weak lines as well.

You can set it up via Wireless. Wireless i enabled by default out the box, and has no security so you can connect straight to it via wireless. Get the connection up and running, then apply wireless security at this point it will put you out, just search for Wireless network again and bung in the WPA key or whatever you choose and off you go.

Revels Mum & Sister
The Zyxel and the Draytek are good but probs a bit to complicated and over the top for him.

We use the Vigor for an Estate Agent who need them for a VPN connection to a Terminal Server. Routers great, connection SLOOOOOOOOOW LOL

VaVa
I'm a complete f**king r****d when it comes to computers and networks and s**t.... but my DG843GT was a piece of piss to set up - It's practically plug'n'play - and had not let me down in 18 months of continous use.

It never gets switched off mind.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
DG834G is a decent router. Great for weak lines as well.

You can set it up via Wireless. Wireless i enabled by default out the box, and has no security so you can connect straight to it via wireless. Get the connection up and running, then apply wireless security at this point it will put you out, just search for Wireless network again and bung in the WPA key or whatever you choose and off you go.

2nd that, quality routers

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
We use the Vigor for an Estate Agent who need them for a VPN connection to a Terminal Server. Routers great, connection SLOOOOOOOOOW LOL

Lol have a wild guess what I'll be doing, ON MY DAY OFF, on Thursday :(

2 x Draytek 2800s, 2 offices, 1 Estate Agent....