ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian Flux useless

I was insured with adrian flux for my first years driving on a 1.4 RT. Ive just bought a valver but ringing for quotes just now they were absolutely useless. I was put through to a woman who i genuinely suspect was from the past.

She got everything it old her wrong, she repeated the same questions over and over again even though she had confirmed she understood the answers i had previously given to the same questions.
She asked what model it was, i told her a clio, she asked what engine size it was and i said 1.8. She never ever asked what specific model it was and to my knowledge there are 3 different clios with 1.8's all in different insurance brackets, she never asked for the reg plate or anything liek that so she cant have known. She than asked what the best quotei hads elsewhere was. I lied a little and said £1440, she said they wouldnt be competeitve on that. and basically hung up. It was truly horrendous service.

Ive only had good experiences in the past with them but i couldnt believe how poor they were just now.

Is there a certain number to ring to someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to clios or even cars in general?

Im sure they are a very competant company and i know they offer ediscount to cs members but i cant belive how useless they have been just now.

Tom

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I fount them useless too. Gave all my info but then wouldn't give me a quote 'cos they said it was double my best quote! Thought they were suppose to be good, I just don't bother with them now.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try Greenlight instead...Neil is on here, and you might as well give him a try...just avoid if you've got a Cup...as they don't cover them! :(

1.8 8v RSi
adrian flux have never dissapointed me untill i got a quote for a 1.8 16v clio... they quoted me £1750 and i tried a few other companys and got quotes of £800-£1100

J

Jim NM

Adrian Flux's name has been adopted by rtoc.org linking him to their National Dayincorporating the French car show...

This year we are proud to bring the Adrian Flux French Car Show to this awesome purpose built £70 million international entertainment venue. The first purpose built racetrack in the UK since Brooklands in 1908. With a 52’000 seated grandstand, cafes, bars, pedestrian tunnels to the pits and paddock trade and exhibition areas with pit garages. 360° roof top viewing of the circuit, live action arena, trade area and 0-60 drag strip.

Adrian Flux French Car Show is a thrill packed day of entertainment whilst retaining the true motoring enthusiast aspect of the event.

Attractions;

1.Brand new LIVE action arena with various top name display teams – new
2.Internationally renowned and prestigious race circuit – new
3.Trade area in paddock, and pit garage complex – new
4.Centrally featured 0-60 pit lane drag strip
5.Racing Challenge – 8 driver F1 Simulator to settle some scores!
6.2500+ club cars on display
7.The very best in car clubs, over 50 attended FCS 2006
8.UK’s top 25 French Cars
9.The finest of Eurocars from the continent

I have always enjoyed National Day and it's always been a cracking weekend!!

Adrian WHO!!!! LOL :D:D

225 and 182
Fookin useless :mad: Wife phoned them for a quote this week, told them what car and best quote so far . Bloke was quite rude in the reply saying they cant beat it and put the phone down :S

Never been anywhere near in my previous quotes either over the years.:dapprove:

2011 clio rs 200
I'm with elephant have a collection of points and claims and paying just shy of £700. might be worth giving them ago?!?!?

Fookin useless :mad: Wife phoned them for a quote this week, told them what car and best quote so far . Bloke was quite rude in the reply saying they cant beat it and put the phone down :S

Never been anywhere near in my previous quotes either over the years.:dapprove:

EXACTLY my experience, after not determining exactly what my car even was, i was told, quite rudely that they couldnt beat a quote and the phone was put down on me.

Im 18 with 1 years driving experience, 1 years no claims, and a no fault claim recorded.

Elephant are currently the best for me at £1600 on a 10 month policy. They are far and away the cheapest however the quote is £220 higher than if i hadnt had a claim, despite the fact it was a no fault.

I think its extremely unfair i am being penalised £200 for being crashed into. If i hadnt been hit it would be around the £1440 mark

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Without a doubt - I have literally obtained at least 50 quotes for my new 197 and Elephant were the best - I'm 23, 4 yNCB 80 quid a month with dad on policy

80MPG BEEZA
in with Adrian flux, currently paying 1300 for my clio with 172 conversion all my mods on from wheels to seats and tints etc etc, im 22 with 1 years ncb but 2 years driving, my qoute for this year is due in a fortnight and ill have 2 years ncb and i fully intend getting adrian down to 900 for the year :)

I had nothing but positive experiences with them last year, found them very helpful to someone who had never had to go about getting insurance before.

Yet now, all of a sudden it seems like the helpful, knowledgable and friendly people i delt with before have been replaced with a spotty 17 year old girl who identifies all cars by their colour. It really was a 'computer says no' moment when they told me they couldnt beat my best quote.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I've been insured with Flux for a few years but they'll be losing my business this month. I've now sold the 182 and bought a new car that's several insurance groups lower, yet they want to charge me more for the new car than I've been paying for the 182.

My cheapest quote is over £200 cheaper than what Flux can do and they'll only consider matching the lower price if I provide them with proof. I can't be bothered with the hassle so I'm just going to change company I think.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Never had a problem with flux, been with them 7 years and they'll always beat my best quote from elsewhere.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
was with Flux and thought they were good, they beat my previous company Tesco by a few hundred quid, when it came to renewel after hearing a few horror stories here and there quote not being too great I lloked around.

I have a 1.4 16v 2001 Alize auto with alloys, custom exhaust and induction kit as well as a spoiler and Flux qouted £520. Bare in mind I am 26 with 6 years protected no claims I thought this was dear.

I tried Greenflag and they'd match flux and reduce the excess, but Tesco qouted £460 with breakdown cover and also £45 cash back.

Definately worth looking elsewhere, give Tesco a try??

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Im 18 with 1 years driving experience, 1 years no claims, and a no fault claim recorded.

Elephant are currently the best for me at £1600 on a 10 month policy. They are far and away the cheapest however the quote is £220 higher than if i hadnt had a claim, despite the fact it was a no fault.

I think its extremely unfair i am being penalised £200 for being crashed into. If i hadnt been hit it would be around the £1440 mark

Same thing happened to me with elephant. When I added my fault claim it didn't change my quote but when I added my non-fault claim to that my quote went from £500 to £550. 10% extra for something I wasn't to blame for. Think they go by number of accidents compared to experience. Still went with them cos they were by far the cheapest.

VRS
flux pissed all over greenlights quote for me so ive stayed with them for another year :)

i always ask for the 'red department' as they seem to know their sh*t when it comes to cars and mods :D

106 GTi
flux pissed all over greenlights quote for me so ive stayed with them for another year :)

Likewise no one could come close here either price wise - just make sure you find out with insurance comapany the policy is with through them.