ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian Flux Hmmmm.....???

Black Clio 182
right my insurance is up soon and ive been reading up on adrian flux, they can offer me cheap insurance which beats any other company by £100, but ive read a few bad reviews about them online so am wondering if i should go with them?

because my dad has read these bad reviews he doesnt want me to use them either now.

im not staying with admiral after the problem my girlfriend has had with them so am on the hunt for a new insurance company.

BMW F31
ermm why?

i have been with HIC (sister company to Adrian Flux) for 5 years and they are spot on!?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Check out everything regarding insurance, cheap insurance is cheap for a reason!!

Its not cheap to help you out either.

Sy

Ps mines just gone down to £318!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
tbh, most of the stories i have read about insurance companies not paying out, is usually down to the person breaking the T&Cs of there policy, after market mods etc. Can anyone remember the guy on here ages ago (can’t find the thread) whose insurance company wouldn’t pay out, everyone was like OMFG! dodgy etc, turned out he hadn’t paid for the last two months, or something like that.

BMW F31
tbh, most of the stories i have read about insurance companies not paying out, is usually down to the person breaking the T&Cs of there policy, after market mods etc. Can anyone remember the guy on here ages ago (can’t find the thread) whose insurance company wouldn’t pay out, everyone was like OMFG! dodgy etc, turned out he hadn’t paid for the last two months, or something like that.

haha oops :rolleyes:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i was with them for a year, cos they were cheap. i got points and rang up and informed someone. The premium went up. fair enough.

I then wrote my car off 6 months later and they "froze" the claim until I paid them another £200 for not declaring points. It was basically their word against mine and until i paid the £200 they were doing nothing with the claim.

Nice eh?

Black Clio 182
yeah things i have read are from people that have made the problem for them self.

but like admiral atm, my gf has got an on going claim that wont get sorted as the person says its her fault and she says its his. i was in the car so i know what happened and it makes me sick to think that her insurance company just give up the fight.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
My Mrs worked in the claims dept for "a large well known insurance company" a few years ago, they will look for anyway possible not to pay you!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
all insurance companies are snakes. If they can get out of paying, they will. If they can get more money out of you, they will.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Another thing i never do, with anything important, banks, credit cards, contracts etc is communicate over the phone, i will never discuss anything, always write letters and request a reply.

BMW F31
Another thing i never do, with anything important, banks, credit cards, contracts etc is communicate over the phone, i will never discuss anything, always write letters and request a reply.

yeah absolutely, i do as we do at work, all communication is written down in some form whether it be email or letter etc, that way they cant get out of things then etc and its all documented.

fat 182
DONT USE THEM

i had simalar thing to clart .i endded up in the small claims court and won

and a friend of mine got that hacked of with them he drove to the office and kicked off

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
avoid any policy underwritten by Highway insurance. Now they are Cr@p. Basically policys with Flux,HIC,Greenlight.

Just ask who the policy is with when you get the quote. I had the pleasures of being insured with Highway through HIC and never again will they get my money. Took over 6 months to get the money for my write off ( not my fault) and 4 years on I still havent recieved my ncb back!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've been with flux for years . Never had a problem when i had a claim for a minor disagreement with a motorway crash barrier 2.5k's worth of damage and it was sorted straight away .

Clio 182
Highway insurance are crap (was with them through Greenlight), every year for three years running i struggled just to my certificate of insurance, seems they take your money then can't even be bothered to send it out.

172 cup
I've been with Adrian Flux for about 6 or 7 years, as they've always been by far the cheapest and you can really screw them down on price. Luckily I've never had to claim so had no problems.

I have heard of a lot of people including my bro having trouble when it comes to claiming though.

I prefer to pay less + hopefully not claim (so far so good). but if you have had a lot af claims, or do crash regularly, perhaps another company would be better.

106 GTi
The problem people have had with Flux is down to the actual insurance company they find you the policy with. Been with them years heres, but I always ask before accepting the quote which company the policy will be with, if it is Highway just say no, and they will find someone else !

This year the insurnance is through Ensign, the past however many years where the Royal & Sun Alliance.

You cant really say "dont go with Flux as they never pay out" as some have, as Flux are essentially a broker. They dont underwrite any policies themselves they just source the best deal from established insuarance companies - as such they are the same as any other broker. Its the insurance companys themselves that are responsible for payouts etc.

I've been with them over 3 years and have been very good.

Ironically, one year the policy was underwritten by Highway Insurance, and they sent me my certificate straight away and were very efficient!!

Essentially though, all insurance companies are the same and they will try to get out of paying out under any circs, thats how they stay in business!

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
never had a problem with my highways policy through flux, though two accidents theyve been fine.

Only switched this time round as Priv. were offering 0% finance.

meriva vxr! really ;-)
Have to say had no problem with flux and been with them for 7 years now! Had 2 non fault incidents in that time - both times due to non fault used my own non fault company to avoid paying excess - also had a car stolen, which i got a full and very (after pointing out cars in the south are much more expensive than the example cars they provided in the north) reasonable payout on - during this time i've been insured on standard and modified cars, had 0 points 6 points and 6points6week ban on license

Problems only happen when you withhold details! Also with informing of any changes not needing a new certificate e-mail confirmation - then if "haven't told us" "yes i have" occurs you can say when you sent a confirmation e-mail to them