ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adobe Creative Suite 3 - Anyone got it yet?

106 GTi
Ours turned up today at work - ended up with Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium after some inital confussion about which one we would get, part of an update protection scheme as we where late adopting CS2.

Only installed it on one machine so far, mine, so far so good no more Illustrator chrashing every 5 mins (Intel MacPro). Photoshop seems to have a few new features, and all apps now have a new look/functioning pallette arrangement. Not got any further into the suite at looking at the other applications.

Really need a basic overview of what is new in each one at a glance but can't find anything in one overall review/gude?

top of the pyramid
Not played with Photoshop CS3yet but seen abit about it , have you seen anything of the 3d side yet ? (saw a presentation how you can map 3d models in photoshop No idea how itd work?)

106 GTi
It contains Photoshop CS3 Extended so is meant to contain the 3D features not had a chance to have a play yet.

top of the pyramid
yeah im interested in seeing that id like to know what file formats will be able to open in it.

306 TD Slut
Not played with Photoshop CS3yet but seen abit about it , have you seen anything of the 3d side yet ? (saw a presentation how you can map 3d models in photoshop No idea how itd work?)

i saw something like this at an exhibition at the NEC. this guy managed to lay some carpet up some steps, put signs on walls at perspectives and all sorts of stuff, pretty impressive.

does it have auto hide functions on palettes?

106 GTi
Does it have auto hide functions on palettes?

In the default workspace they palletes are in some collapasable type affair. Did a quick screen shot to show the sequence, not using them here like that as the screen is huge enough to take them and tab hide if need be but but will be great on my MacbookPro.

106 GTi
Re Uploaded

Left to Right, collapsed, half expanded and then fully expanded.

Attachments

• pallets_1.jpg
    pallets_1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 83
  • pallets_2.jpg
    pallets_2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 67
  • pallets_3.jpg
    pallets_3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 85
  306 TD Slut
thats one hyaaaowge screen u got there!

its a pretty good idea and im sure would into good use with people with laptops like yourself.

I wasnt too keen on the new icons, but i think they're pretty cool now. Easier to distinguish between them!

106 GTi
Apple 30 inch.

Not sure on the new icons they look a bit poor compared to the last CS 1 and 2 icons.

TeZ

Non RS : (
HAHA like to see u use fetch aswell Rich tho on firefox ive started using the FireFTP add-on, not to shabby i must say,

Also i have CS3 now and its pritty good tho im waiting for adobe 8.0 really supposed to be a big improvement ..

306 TD Slut
adobe cs3 > FTP software?

change of topic then.

I installed fire FTP last night on the mac and this morning at work, nice and simple. prefer it over ipswitch, which the company pay for.

106 GTi
HAHA like to see u use fetch aswell Rich tho on firefox ive started using the FireFTP add-on, not to shabby i must say,

Also i have CS3 now and its pritty good tho im waiting for adobe 8.0 really supposed to be a big improvement ..

Done away with fetch since that screen grab, Transmitt is much better.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
saw alot about it at adobe live, looks sweet! although it will be yonks before i get it at work, im still on win 2000 :eek:

the filters are none destructive! not that i use many filters!

and the whole workflow side has speeded up, bridge is fast!

106 GTi
Bridge is must quicker, the apps all open Quicker, and Illustrator seems much more stable, left it open now for weeks rather than chrashing every hour, not been that stable since v.8 IMO.