ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral insurance - cracking company :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
you always read about companies when people have a bad experience and want to moan however ive got to the point in life now where ill actually pay a little bit more to have good customer service, I rang up last week to add the 182 onto my existing insurance policy on the z4, no problems £32 for 3 weeks untill my policy is up.. spot on, explained i would be taking out a new policy on the 182 rather than the z4 so she swaped the renewal over and then in the post a couple of days later i got my cover note and new certificate with a price for renewal, was a tad expensive as id got a quote online through diamond for £175 less, rang up no problems they were able to access my quote from diamond as they are sistem companies and match it straight away. highly reccomend them!

I am insured with Elephant (who are part of Admiral iirc) and have found that they are fine whenever I have had to speak to them.

Chruchill on the other hand.....

Suzuki Jimny
I have often been put through to the indian call centre, but they are very polite, helpful and speak very good english :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ive used elephant for the last few years,

recomend them to everyone!! cracking company and very competitively priced!

ph1 track weapon
Was with them for years but when I got my ph1 they insured it as a Clio 1.2, called up, was assured it was sorted, new cover note as a 1.2 again, gave them one final chance and still could t sort it.

So called my current insurer Brentacre, didn't even get put on hold, went straight through and they knew everything about the car, guy I spoke to even suggested a few mods, and I saved £150 in the process!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Admiral are great, unless you phone after 1pm and go through to Slough/Bradford/India (not sure where it is).

Really?? I thought they didn't use those, that's why I like them lol

Elepehant & Diamond have been Welsh every time I've called, whatever the time.

Admiral have been English during the day and Canadian in the evening.

Every year I do a new quote with them and just get them to price match. Easy peasy.

EUI group (admiral/elephant/bell/diamond/some-others) have always been very polite and helpful. They were also extremely quick to proccess a no-other-parties-involved/fault claim from start to payout (probably 5 working days?).

However, if you have any modifications or optional extras (e.g. cup packs or even air con or renault "ID paint") things can get unfathomably difficult as, it turns out, nothing is automatically covered by declaring it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was never asked if mine had any optional extras, on any car... how would i know im not clued up on standard equopmemnt on cars sold 10 years ago were

Megane 225 F1
I loved being with admiral. They sent through insurance renewals twice as expensive as the year before, did quotes online with them and they would beat their own price.

I always call the local number for Admiral/Bell/Elephant and get through to people that speak English, try the other number and its always foreigners.

I loved being with admiral. They sent through insurance renewals twice as expensive as the year before, did quotes online with them and they would beat their own price.

Haha this is identical to me! Renewal was up £300 on last year. Managed to drop it £350 over the phone and add an extra 2 months on so it's not one of their accelerator policies anymore! WIN :D

Been with them 4 year and my only quibble is how anti mod friendly they are...

BMW 320d M-Sport
Agree they are pretty good - until you change one detail and they charge you every time to issue a new certificate at £20 a go. Small detail, but a pain in the arse for things like changing to a private plate etc. They price matched when I got mine, and added a bunch of extras which was good. Very helpful overall.

i was never asked if mine had any optional extras, on any car... how would i know im not clued up on standard equopmemnt on cars sold 10 years ago were

It asks in the online quote form & I was also asked when paying over the phone.

Exactly & that was one of my points: who on earth would it occur to declare their cars optional-extra air conditioning! No one, but you can't claim ignorance in court when it's all there in the policy booklet. As I said they're always very nice and agreed with me that it was stupid but they couldn't just go and contradict their policy booklet.

They're cheap, very pleasant, always feel as if they're there to help you, open till late, british call centres, really clear website, very quick to settle claims (in my limited experience) etc. They are "cracking" :p just they could do with a clearer policy document with regard to the difference between modifications and optional extras :)

Re-reading their policy documents, if you happen to magically guess that you need to take out a second policy entitled "modifications cover" ON TOP of "declaring" them in your "motor insurance policy" you're only covered for the first 10% of the cars value. Good luck claiming more than £340 for stolen turinis etc! But hey, everyone know's they're not made for modified cars!

BMW 320d M-Sport
British based? When I phoned up customer services for something they were based in Canada. Flirting with the girl on the end of the phone did also seem to help reduce my quote...

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Whenever I phone Bell (admiral group) after 9pm I get excellent service from Canada. They are always good at getting your renewal matched as when you give them s**t broker names from the UK they don't know who they are and say 'hold on a minute I'll ask' and they will always match it.

Not had to claim yet but have been with them for 5 years now and their service has only got better.