ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral, 182 ff quote

182 ff, classic mini
just had a qoute from admiral on my 182 (both cup packs) i said its standard do i need to mention the alloys ect if they come on the car ?
19 yrs old
with 0 no claims
2 yrs driving
£1577

thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IMO no, i never have. Would you tell your insurance if you bought one with a sat nav built in?

I told Admiral that I had factory option wheels, there was no extra charge.

May as well tbh, seeing as they won't take any money off you?!

182 ff, classic mini
thans, also because it has both cup packs, is it in insurance terms just a 182 or a 182 cup ?

They won't know what that is, or they didn't when I asked.

It's either a 182 or a 182 cup, they're the models.

Tell them it has wheels and that's it. Aero kit if you want. You shouldn't have to pay for them anyway.

Arctic 182 FF
I'm with Admiral on a 182 FF.
22 years old. Had 2 years no claims, now 3 years.
Last year was my first year they charged me £1051 - didn't mention any cup packs.
This year renewal price was £700 ish, and I've since fitted an RS192 exhaust so mentioned that I needed a new exhaust and was cheaper to buy aftermarket. Guy on the phone was ok with that and they charged me a £10 admin fee.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
just a 182 doesnt have cup packs as its a factory option, if yours has cup packs its classed as a FF full fat Wow £1577 is a lot of money
The only good thing about getting old is i just had a quote from Neil from greenlight insurance on here for less than £300 includes suspension,exhaust,viper air kit,carbon mods

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I declared mine. didnt make it go up by much tbh and its best to have it correct so the cant invalidate the inssurance.

just a 182 doesnt have cup packs as its a factory option, if yours has cup packs its classed as a FF full fat Wow £1577 is a lot of money
The only good thing about getting old is i just had a quote from Neil from greenlight insurance on here for less than £300 includes suspension,exhaust,viper air kit,carbon mods

That's mega cheap for a 19 year old with 0 NCB.

Wouldn't say anything about the cup packs, how it comes from factory so it's standard.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
no its not standard, its classed as an 'optional extra' which has to be declared on admiral inssurace. It make no difference if its fitted at the factory or not.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't forget Admiral word it so you have to declare the options on the car even if they have been factory fitted.

I don't understand this at all.

It's not like rocket launchers or twin turbos were an option...

How could you be sure what the car should have had as it left the factory !?

Has anyone actually had insurance invalidated because they didn't "declare" their plastic splitter which comes OEM / from the factory ?!

:S

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
it would be easy for them to find out what comes on the car as standard and what dosnt. Also I epxect they could very easily contact renault and ask them if the car was sold with any optional extras. Its nothing about 'how it lef tthe factory', its whats classed as an 'option extra', ie. if its not on the base model, then its an option extra and need to be declared. I dont see its a problem tbh, i think it put my inssurace up by £10.

182 ff, classic mini
thanks for the replies, just fitted a pipercross panel filter as well, if i declare it they add £110. will they check in the air box if i crash ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
it would be easy for them to find out what comes on the car as standard and what dosnt. Also I epxect they could very easily contact renault and ask them if the car was sold with any optional extras. Its nothing about 'how it lef tthe factory', its whats classed as an 'option extra', ie. if its not on the base model, then its an option extra and need to be declared. I dont see its a problem tbh, i think it put my inssurace up by £10.

b****cks! So My mums meant to know if my 11 year old focus came with different colour interior to the base model, or I'd the removable ash tray is an option when she comes to insure it.

182 ff, classic mini
got it sorted for £1555 ;) i said its as it came from the factory, they said you only need to declare standard alloys/ body-kits if they were added as extras, where as all 182's had the alloys and kit.
got my panel filter ordered it without thinking lol, shall i put it in ? think they check if i crash ?

thanks for the replys.

you should try sky insurance on here, got mine for £360 with no excess fully comp, 27 with 8 years no claims, no extra charge for me fitting aftermarket exhaust either. Sickening how much some companies charge, really happy with these guys though.

if i'd known you had an mr2.... dont worry about the cheque you can just waiver a ktec induction kit ;-) keep up the good work.

I don't know how people are still arguing over this when policy booklets exist online...

http://www.admiral.com/policyDocs/AD116 0912 Admiral Policy Book.pdf

Current Admiral policy booklet said:
11 Standard parts replacement

Your policy does not cover any non standard parts (modifications). Manufacturers
optional extras are only covered if they have been declared
and we have agreed to
arrange cover for them.

If you make a claim for loss or damage to your car, we will only pay the cost of replacing
parts needed for your car to meet the manufacturer’s specification.

The cup packs are a manufacturer optional extra ontop of the base 182. So yes you are supposed to tell them. I reckon I can count on my fingers how many people have declared cup packs to Admiral/Bell/Elephant, and likewise I also bet I can count on my fingers how many insurance assessors have voided a claim because they're an RS Clio enthusiast and spotted the bigger rear spoiler etc.

That is simply a fact. It is in your policy booklet. It doesn't matter that it's unfair or ridiculous.

Before I get massively flamed for going against what the majority of CS thinks, I am in absolutely no way saying that Admiral will go over your car with a fine tooth comb and void your policy for having a fluffy dice or different colour wheels.

I tried to do it all properly by declaring cup packs etc and it just turned into a massive faff when they wouldn't believe me that they were factory fitted and not just modifications that I'd done myself.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
got it sorted for £1555 ;) i said its as it came from the factory, they said you only need to declare standard alloys/ body-kits if they were added as extras, where as all 182's had the alloys and kit.
got my panel filter ordered it without thinking lol, shall i put it in ? think they check if i crash ?

thanks for the replys.

the 182 has standard body kit and alloys, the 182FF has the optional, non-standard body kit and alloys. What you have told them effectively voids your inssurance anyway, so might as well put that panel filter in! :)

182 ff, classic mini
the 182 has standard body kit and alloys, the 182FF has the optional, non-standard body kit and alloys. What you have told them effectively voids your inssurance anyway, so might as well put that panel filter in! :)
Yes but they asked me if the car was a 182 or a 182 cup and on the documents/papers its a 182 (NOT a 182 cup ) so i didn't lie, just thought id try go legal this time so my £1555 counts lol, my mini has a load of mods done and i declared nothing for 2yrs but heard some horror story's of people having insurance void because of mods and paying back thousands and CBA with that at 19 lol, think ill get away with a remap from rs tuning Leeds ha ha, no seriously do they check lol

ha scott
cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ive heard of someone getting their insurance voided due to an aftermarket gear stick and a ally look fuel cap cover

and ive read that if you crash, they look over your car... but if you crash and kill someone, they pull the car to bits looking for maps, cams etc. could just be hear say though

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yes but they asked me if the car was a 182 or a 182 cup and on the documents/papers its a 182 (NOT a 182 cup ) so i didn't lie, just thought id try go legal this time so my £1555 counts lol, my mini has a load of mods done and i declared nothing for 2yrs but heard some horror story's of people having insurance void because of mods and paying back thousands and CBA with that at 19 lol, think ill get away with a remap from rs tuning Leeds ha ha, no seriously do they check lol

ha scott
cheers

sorry I dont understnad what your saying. You havent gone about it the right way if you want it 'legal' as you put it. Yours is not a cup, fine. If it was a cup, you wouldnt of needed to declare anything as that is 'from factory'. As its a standard 182, with both cup packs (which are optional extras), your supposed to say its a 182 with optional extras, those being manufacture alternative alloys, manufacture alternative suspension and a manufacture alternative spoiler, all of which give no performace gains and are purely cometic (this is key to keeping the price down). What you appear to have done is told them the exact obisit, being 'i have a 182 thats completely standard with no option extras'? :S

As I posted above I dont declare them as I spoke with admiral and they said I dont need to. If I have an accident they won't replace those parts. As my car is a 55 plate I am sure if it get so fucked up that the suspension or rear spoiler get destroyed its a write off anyway. They are going to pay out on a standard 182. Suits me.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Its not about paying out for your car spoonie, its about when they refuse to pay out for theat nice new benz you have just crashed into...

Why wont they pay out? i have discussed it with them and if you check the booklet snippet above it pretty much says the same. These are not like undeclared mods, they are factory options. I have roof bars on the qashqai. Should I declare these as they were fitted by Nissan?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yes. Read what it says in the T&Cs again...

Manufacturers optional extras are only covered if they have been declared
and we have agreed to
arrange cover for them.

I dont see whats hard to understand there tbh. you have probably discussed it with them in a fashion that reflects its not a option extra, ie you have said 'it come from the factory like this so I guess I dont need to declare them', and then the guy on the phone has gone 'ummm :lost, cant find real answer but want commision for sale:, yes sir thats fine'.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yes. Read what it says in the T&Cs again...

Manufacturers optional extras are only covered if they have been declared
and we have agreed to
arrange cover for them.

I dont see whats hard to understand there tbh.

It means he'll get an equivalent price for a bog standard POV spec 182. If he's declared optional extras then they'll pay out extra to cover those.

There is nothing hard to understand. My cup packs are not covered. This applies:

If you make a claim for loss or damage to your car, we will only pay the cost of replacing
parts needed for your car to meet the manufacturer’s specification.

Not sure what else to say. Might give them a call and declare black gold paint as it was also an option.