ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral £300 cheaper than Direct Line

Discounted 1*2 parts
Just thought I'd post up here for those intereseted

My renewal came through for the Clio 200 Cup at £900

I'm 23 with 4 years NCD, clean licence and no claims etc

Went through compare the market and admiral quoted £588 for exactly the same cover :)

Tom

Mine is due in a few weeks, got a few quotes today of £700, thats with parents on policy, clean licence, 23 years old, 5years NCB and a good postcode, think im been robbed

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Did you try going direct to Admiral? Might be even cheaper still.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IMO if you've used a comparison website it still means lower quotes are to be had.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are cheaper for a reason.

Read your policy as most don't bother readin g past anything other than a courtesy car and a small premium. You'll realise why if you ever have to make a claim.

I pay £100 a year more than my cheapest quote because I chose a decent insurance company rather than the cheapest.

SQ5
I'm sure Sky Insurance would of beaten that! I paid £750 for my 172 with 4 convictions (9 points) and at 22 with mirror 4 years NCB

MR2 Mk1.5
I'm sure Sky Insurance would of beaten that! I paid £750 for my 172 with 4 convictions (9 points) and at 22 with mirror 4 years NCB

I was going to ask if he tried the club insurers, we are quite often over looked which is a shame.. not all insurance companies use price comparison sites ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate.

Some things that come to mind.

Esure/AdmiralSainsbury's all add a £200 charge to your excess if you take the car to a repairer of your choice instead of theirs.
If any panels are damaged on your car they will do anything to repair them, we're talking filler end to end to save money.
Non original parts used on cars 3 years, ie. Pttern parts from Asia ect..

So much more but i'd be their a while!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi mate.

Some things that come to mind.

Esure/AdmiralSainsbury's all add a £200 charge to your excess if you take the car to a repairer of your choice instead of theirs.
If any panels are damaged on your car they will do anything to repair them, we're talking filler end to end to save money.
Non original parts used on cars 3 years, ie. Pttern parts from Asia ect..

So much more but i'd be their a while!

Interesting mate, who do you work for out of interest? And who would you suggest for insurance?

Italian 3.2 V6
Flux, green light and sky(off here) were cheapest for me! Direct line was best but they don't insure mods under 25 so there no good to me now.

Gally, do u rekon the above insurers are good to be with? Lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Greenlight Broker style) seem good from what i've seen but most of the time you'll never know who the underwriters are.

Some of the more obscure companies are best, Zurich, Quinn insurance, RSA.

Axa are probably one to avoid as are Co-op but to be fair they are for older insurers, not too mny youngsters in performamce cars insuring with them.

I'm an Assessor for reference. :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Did you try going direct to Admiral? Might be even cheaper still.

I noticed that, generally cheaper if you get the quote from a comparison website then go to their own website.

+1... I've found that out too.

IMO if you've used a comparison website it still means lower quotes are to be had.

Tried going direct but the quote came out slightly more don't know why, put in exactly details :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I mean as in don't use comparrison websites. I'v beat every quote they give me by atleast £200